Out of State Licensing

If you are a potential out of state candidate, notify your program coordinator.  Be sure you understand licensing possibilities before you begin your program.

For students seeking a license in another state

The institution has not made a determination that its curriculum meets the state educational requirements for licensure or certification for any state other than Arkansas.

Out of state candidates should consult with the licensing agency in their state to determine the eligibility of UCA programs to meet licensing requirements in that state.  See below for contact information for each state’s department of education.

For students seeking an Arkansas license or endorsement

Students who do not currently hold an Arkansas standard educator license, completion of programs of study that are not approved for an initial license will not lead to an Arkansas educator credential.

State Department of Education Contacts

The site below provides the contact information for the Departments of Education in each U.S. state and territory.  Contact your state’s department of education for specific licensing requirements for your state.