How to Find Available Jobs

At UCA, international students are eligible for employment known as 1501 positions. These are positions that are funded by the university and not funded by the US government. International students are not eligible for 1502 positions.

The Office of Career Services in Bernard Hall, keeps a list of open positions. You may sign up for their e-mail list so that you can be notified if any positions become available. Please contact the Office of Career Services for more information.

It is up to you to find a job on campus. In addition to checking with Career Services you should also visit departments on campus and ask if they have 1501 positions available and tell them that you would like to apply.

If you submit an application to a department, but they don’t respond immediately, you should check back with them every few weeks or so to let them know you are still interested.

Here are a few departments that often hire international students:

  • Aramark (Cafeteria and Food Court in the Student Center).
  • Reynolds Performing Arts Center
  • HPER Center
  • Academic Outreach/Continuing Education

This list does not include every department with 1501 positions, but they will give you a place to start.

Once you find a job, learn how to apply for a Social Security Number.