How to Find Available Jobs

At UCA, international students are eligible for employment known as 1501 positions. These are positions funded by the university and not funded by the US government. International students are not eligible for 1502 positions.  Students are limited by law to working a maximum of 20 hours per week during the semester, but may work on campus over 20 hours per week during breaks and holidays including Spring Break, Winter Break and summer vacation. If you do not meet the requirements of your F-1 or J-1 visa status, you will not be able to continue on-campus employment.

Students may earn approximately $3,600 per semester before taxes are taken out, by working 20 hours per week at a minimum wage of $11 per hour.  Although working on-campus can provide money for some expenses, it can not be depended on to cover your educational costs. Furthermore, student worker positions are limited and quite competitive.

It is up to you to find a job on campus. You should visit departments on campus and ask if they have 1501 positions available and tell them that you would like to apply.

If you submit an application to a department, but they don’t respond immediately, you should check back with them every few weeks or so to let them know you are still interested.

We high encourage students to utilize UCA Career Services for support with developing a resume, interview skills, can job searches.

Here are a few departments that often hire international students:

  • Aramark (Cafeteria and Food Court in the Student Center).
  • Reynolds Performing Arts Center
  • HPER Center
  • Academic Outreach/Continuing Education

This list does not include every department with 1501 positions, but they will give you a place to start.

Once you find a job, learn how to apply for a Social Security Number.