Social Security Card

International students are eligible for a Social Security Card if they have a job offer with a start date within 30 days or have been approved for Optional Practical Training and received their EAD card (Employment Authorization Document). There are no exceptions to this regulation.

Applying for a Social Security Card

  1. Drop off your signed job offer letter at the Center for Global Learning & Engagement.  Or email it to one of the staff.
  2. Make an appointment through Navigate to meet with Sarah Habtemariam or Pamela Woodard George
  3. Take all required documents to the Social Security Office located at 2475 Christina Lane (near Farris Road and Dave Ward Drive).  They accept walk-in applicants 9 am to 4 pm, Monday РFriday.
  4. Your Social Security Card will be mailed to you within 10-14 days.
  5. UCA employment regulations require that you have a Social Security Card before you start working any campus job.

Where do I do to look for a job?

For more information about the kind of positions your eligible for click HERE