Masks are required as the campus is at red status.

International Graduate Admission

Application Deadlines can be found here.

1. Online application for international admission. Submit online application.

If you want to apply for a graduate program at UCA, start your online application here


2. Non-Refundable $50.00 Application Fee.

  • You will be able to pay the $50 application fee after you start your application..

Courier fee: After you have been admitted, we will ship your admission packet by eShip Global.  Instructions will be sent to you.  If you are currently attending a US institution we will mail your packet to your US address.

3. Copy of the biographical page of your passport.

To ensure accuracy of your immigration documentation, a copy of the biographical page of your passport is required for admission.


4. Financial Documentation

U.S. Immigration Law requires that all F-1 and J-1 students demonstrate sufficient funds available for their educational expenses prior to immigration document issuance (Forms I-20 or DS-2019). International students who reside on campus are eligible for the out-of-state tuition waiver. The following documents are required for issuance of immigration documents:

  • Bank Statement or other form of financial documentation that demonstrates the ability to fund educational expenses for 2 semesters of study. The document must be from within the last six months with an ending balance as it appears here.
  • Financial Support Statement completed by student and if appropriate signed by the individual providing financial support for educational expenses.


5. Academic Records

Graduate Applicants must send complete transcripts/mark sheets and diplomas from all universities attended. All non-U.S. transcripts must be accompanied by a credential evaluation from IEESpan TranWES or another AACRAO approved accredited evaluation company.  Third party evaluations must include: a) Course by Course evaluation, b) Grade Point Average (GPA) as compared with U.S. grading system, c) U.S. equivalent of degree,  d) Copy of transcript(s), e) Accreditation of institution(s).  Third party evaluations must include the transcript.

Students should take a look at specific application requirements and timelines for the specific program of interest. In addition to your application to the Graduate School, many graduate programs require supplemental forms and documents be submitted to their department. Please visit the department’s website and/or contact the director of the program to which you are applying for more information. See a list of programs.

Graduate students are not required to submit high school (secondary school) transcripts or diplomas. A minimum 2.70 GPA on a 4.00 scale is required for international admission; some graduate programs require a higher minimum GPA for admission consideration.

[NOTE: Graduate applicants required to apply through PTCAS should submit a credential evaluation from World Education Services.]


6. Proof of English Language Proficiency

English Proficiency exam scores must be submitted. Please see this page for a list of accepted exams and the corresponding required scores.

If you are a resident of an exempt country, and you can provide a letter from your school indicating the language of instruction, you can be exempt from providing proof of language proficiency.


7. Other Immigration Documents (ONLY students who are transferring their SEVIS record from a US institution)

If you have an active I-20 from a US institution, you must provide the following documents:

  • SEVIS Information Form

If you are transferring from a different institution in the United States, you must be in good standing at your current institution. In order to do so, please have your DSO (Designated School Official) at your current school to complete Section B of the I-20 SEVIS Information Form. This form provides preliminary information to help us determine your eligibility for SEVIS record transfer to UCA.

Your SEVIS record can only be transferred after a letter of admission is issued by our office!

Note to DSOs: Do not transfer student’s SEVIS record until letter of admission is issued.

  • Copy of your student visa(s)

  • Copy of I-94 arrival and departure record (can be accessed on this page)

  • Copy of your I-20 (or DS-2019)

8. Additional Program Requirements

Please check with the department to which you are applying for additional requirements.  You will receive a checklist upon payment of application fee.

GRE scores should be no more than five years old. The UCA institution code for the GRE is 6012. Note: You must select UCA Graduate School to receive your scores upon completing the exam.


Note to All Applicants

If you are transferring your SEVIS record to UCA from a different institution, or if you are currently in the United States, you must submit a copy of your current visa, I-94 card and entry document (I-20 or DS-2019).

UCA does not tolerate forged documentation; applications submitted with such documentation will be denied.

Incomplete applications and supporting documents are not retained past the semester of application. If you wish to continue your application to a later semester, you must notify International Admissions prior to the start of that semester. If you do not inform us of your intent to continue your application to a later semester, you must to reapply and resubmit your application documents.

All documents, other than official university transcripts, may be submitted via email to Hard-copy documents, checks, money orders and transcripts should be mailed to: University of Central Arkansas, Attn: International Admissions, McCastlain Hall, Suite 109, 201 S. Donaghey Dr., Conway, AR  72035.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact