International Transfer/Post-Baccalaureate Students

Programs of Study 2023-2024 Application Deadlines   Cost of Attendance

1. Application for International Admission

Submit an online application by clicking here.


2. Non-Refundable $50.00 Application Fee

You will be able to pay the $50 application fee after you start your application.


3. Copy of the biographical page of your passport

To ensure accuracy of your immigration documentation, a copy of the biographical page of your passport is required for admission.


4. Financial Documentation

U.S. Immigration Law requires that all F-1 and J-1 students demonstrate sufficient funds available for their educational expenses prior to immigration document issuance (Forms I-20 or DS-2019). International students who reside on campus are eligible for the out-of-state tuition waiver. The following documents are required for issuance of immigration documents:

  • Financial Support Statement completed by student and if appropriate signed by the individual providing financial support for educational expenses.
  • Bank Statement or other form of financial documentation that demonstrates the ability to fund educational expenses for 2 semesters of study. The document must be in English, from within the last six months with an ending balance as it appears here.

5. Academic Records

Students who have earned 24 credit hours or more:

  • Official transcripts/mark sheets from each college or university attended (translated into English). You must have a minimum 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale to qualify for admission.
  • All non-U.S. transcripts must be accompanied by a credential evaluation from IEE, Span Tran, WES or another NACES approved accredited evaluation company.  Third party evaluations must include: a) Course by Course evaluation, b) Grade Point Average (GPA) as compared with U.S. grading system, c) U.S. equivalent of degree,  d) Copy of transcript(s), e) Accreditation of institution(s)  Third party evaluations must include the transcript.

Students who have earned less than 24 credit hours:

  • Official transcripts/mark sheets* from each college or university attended (translated into English). 
    • If in the first semester at an accredited college in the United States, an official transcript from the school’s Registrar’s Office showing courses ‘In Progress’ is required. 
  • High School/Secondary school transcripts. You must have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale to qualify for admission.
  • High School/Secondary school Diploma
  • *All non-U.S. transcripts must be accompanied by a credential evaluation from IEE, Span Tran, WES or another NACES accredited evaluation company.

6. Proof of English Language Proficiency

English Proficiency exam scores must be submitted. Please see this page for a list of accepted exams and the corresponding required scores. 

If you are a resident of an exempt country, and you can provide a letter from your school indicating the language of instruction, you can be exempt from providing proof of language proficiency.


7. Other Immigration Documents (ONLY students who are transferring from a US institution)

  • Copy of student visa
  • Copy of I-94 arrival and departure record (can be accessed on this page)
  • Copy of your I-20 (or DS-2019)
  • SEVIS Information Form

If you are transferring from a different institution in the United States, you must be in good standing at your current institution. In order to do so, please have your DSO (Designated School Official) at your current school to complete Section B of the I-20 SEVIS Information Form. This form provides preliminary information to help us determine your eligibility for SEVIS record transfer to UCA.

Your SEVIS record can only be transferred after a letter of admission is issued by our office!

Note to DSOs: Do not transfer student’s SEVIS record until letter of admission is issued.



*For students transferring from other universities or colleges in Arkansas to UCA, ADHE provides a resource for students to estimate their transfer credit.

Note to Nursing Applicants

Please check the Nursing Department website for specific information related to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program.  NOTE: Your admission to UCA with an intended major of nursing is equivalent to being admitted to UCA with a pre-nursing major.

Note to All Applicants

Admitted students can defer their admission to another semester only once. Students who want to apply again must start a new application and pay the application fee.

UCA does not tolerate forged documentation; applications submitted with such documentation will be denied.

Incomplete applications and supporting documents are not retained past the semester of application. If you wish to continue your application to a later semester, you must notify International Admissions prior to the start of that semester. If you do not inform us of your intent to continue your application to a later semester, you will have to reapply and resubmit your application documents.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact