Off-Campus Employment

International students are not eligible to work off-campus unless they have specific permission from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). International students must have been in the US as F-1 student for a minimum of 9 months (2 semesters) before off campus employment can be considered. Off-campus employment is not guaranteed, so you should not count on this in order to pay for your educational expenses. If you work off campus without specific permission, you are in violation of your F-1 status and could face arrest or deportation.

Options for Off Campus Employment:

If you believe you are eligible for one of these reasons for off-campus employment, schedule an appointment with a DSO in Center for Global Learning and Engagement. You cannot begin off-campus employment before your application has been approved.

Do not work off-campus without specific work authorization.

If you do, this is a violation of your visa status and you could be arrested and deported.