CARRY ON LUGGAGE
Don’t forget to pack a carry-on! This important piece of luggage will remain with you on the airplane and will contain necessary items to keep with you during your flight.
- Flight itinerary and tickets
- Passport, I-20 or DS-2019
- Contact information for friends at UCA, International Engagement and volunteer meeting you at the airport
- Cash in US currency – It is helpful to bring about $100 in cash but keep it in a safe place
In case your checked baggage is lost for 1-2 days you should pack these things in your carry-on also:
- Prescription medication in original containers
- Shampoo/conditioner & soap (less than 100 milliliters each)
- Deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A fresh change of clothes
Clothing for climate in Conway:
- Short sleeves, long sleeves, T-Shirts
- Shorts, skirts
- Pants (slacks, khakis), Jeans
- Light jackets, blazer, coat
- Suits, dress shirts/pants (1-2 sets)
- Sportswear, swim suit
- Warm hat, scarf, gloves
- Sneakers, casual shoes, sandals, flip flops
- Toothbrush, toothpaste
- Shampoo, conditioner, soap, comb
- Cosmetics, skin care items
- Prescription medication – enough for your length of stay
- Cell phone and charger
- Laptop and cable
- USB Flash Drive
- Camera and Camera charger
- Glasses, Contacts, Solution
- Backpack, purse, or tote bag
- Favorite spices that may be hard to find in the US
- Traditional Clothing for special events
- Small items to remind you of home.
- Small, inexpensive gifts for your host family or other special people you meet in the United States.
Did you forget something?
We will have shuttles to local stores where you can purchase anything you may need once you arrive at UCA.