1. Application for International Admission. Submit online application.
- If you are unable to fill out the online application, download a hard copy of the application (pdf) and mail, fax or scan it to the International Admissions Office.
- If you would like to have a friend or family member submit or have information about your application, you must provide written permission on the application.
2. Non-Refundable $50.00 Application Fee.
- Application Fee must be paid before you will receive your admission packet. Instructions will be given on a later date.
Courier Fee: If you would like to have your admission documents sent to you by DHL, you must pay the $100 DHL fee. Documents will not be sent by DHL unless this fee is paid in advance.
3. Copy of the biographical page of your passport.
As you will be required to have a passport to travel to the United States, and in order to ensure accuracy in issuance of your immigration documentation, a copy of this document is required.
4. Proof of Financial Support
U.S. Immigration Law requires that all F-1 and J-1 students demonstrate sufficient funds available for their educational expenses PRIOR TO immigration document issuance (Forms I-20 or DS-2019). International students who reside on campus are eligible for the out-of-state tuition waiver. Find the 2015-2016 Estimated Cost of Attendance Undergraduate Students.
- Undergraduate students, who wish to live On Campus, must provide:
- Documentation of Financial Resources. Bank statement from within last six months that shows ending balance of $17,000.00 USD for an academic year (2 semesters) of study.
- Sponsorship Letter (formerly “Confirmation of Financial Resources”) Students sponsored by SACM may submit the financial guarantee instead of this form.
- Declaration of Intent to Live On Campus
- Undergraduate students, who wish to live Off Campus, must submit all of the following:
- Documentation of Financial Resources. Bank statement from within last six months that shows ending balance of $25,500.00 USD for an academic year (2 semesters) of study
- Sponsorship Letter If the bank statement is NOT in your name, you must submit a Sponsorship letter. Students sponsored by the Saudi Arabia Culture Mission (SACM) may submit the financial guarantee instead of this form.
5. Academic Records
Freshman Applicants, who have not attended a college or university, must submit transcripts/mark sheets from secondary school, along with a copy of the diploma or leaving certificate translated into English. Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.50 on a 4.0 scale for admission to UCA.
- Students from Nigeria and Ghana must have their West African Examinations Council (WAEC) results sent directly from WAEC. Student submitted results will NOT be accepted.
- Applicants from Nigeria refer to “19Q” for instructions.
- Applicants from Ghana refer to the WAEC Ghana website for instructions.
- If you have received a GED (General Education Diploma), submit a copy of your diploma.
- If you have not yet graduated, you may be offered admission if you have an overall GPA of 2.50 on a 4.0 scale AND if you will graduate before your first semester of attendance at UCA. You will be required to submit a copy of your diploma and final transcript prior to enrollment in any undergraduate courses.
6. Proof of English Language Proficiency
Submit one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) UCA’s TOEFL code is 6012.
- Undergraduate Students must present an official TOEFL score of 500 (paper-based exam) or 61 (iBT).
- NOTE: Institutional TOEFL results from other universities will not be accepted. Completion of an English as a Second Language program at another university will not be accepted.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Required minimum score of 5.5
- ACT score of 19 or above on the English portion of the exam. UCA’s ACT code is 0118.
- SAT score of 470 or above on the Writing portion of the SAT exam. UCA’s SAT code is 6016.
- Citizenship (passport copy) from an exempt country.
NOTE TO NURSING APPLICANTS
Please check the Nursing Department website for specific information related to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. Your admission to UCA with an intended major of nursing is equivalent to being admitted to UCA with a pre-nursing major.
NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS
If you are transferring your SEVIS record to UCA from a different institution, or if you are currently in the United States, you must submit a copy of your current visa, I-94 card and entry document (I-20 or DS-2019).
We do not tolerate forged documentation; applications submitted with such documentation will be denied. Additionally, incomplete applications and supporting documents are not retained past the semester of application.
If you wish to continue your application to a later semester, you MUST notify us prior to the start of that semester. If you do not inform us of your intent to continue your application to a later semester, you will have to reapply and resubmit your application documents.
All documents, other than official university transcripts, may be submitted via email to email@example.com. Hard-copy documents, checks, money orders and transcripts should be mailed to: University of Central Arkansas, Attn: International Admissions, 201 S. Donaghey Ave., McCastlain Hall, Suite 109, Conway, AR 72035.