The Division of International Engagement at the University of Central Arkansas is pleased to announce the International Student Mobility Scholarship (ISMS). This scholarship is available for the first time for the Spring 2014 semester to new international students. The ISMS will also be available in the Fall semesters, and pending the availability of funds, may be available in the Summer semester. The ISMS awards are competitive with awards and award levels being determined based on a combination of grade point average, TOEFL/IELTS scores, essay, and letters of recommendation. Please see below for a full list of the eligibility requirements and the application process.
- Students must be applying for Undergraduate or Graduate program of study
- 3.0 GPA, as calculated by UCA
- In order to be eligible for this scholarship the following minimum scores on the listed English Proficiency tests are required:
- Undergraduate students:
- TOEFL paper based test (PBT) score of 450
- TOEFL internet based test (iBT) score of 45
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.0
- Graduate students: (These requirements are listed because a student will not be admitted by the Graduate School if they do not have these minimum scores)
- TOEFL paper based test (PBT) score of 550
- TOEFL internet based test (iBT) score of 79
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5
- Undergraduate students:
- The following will also be used to determine English Proficiency and eligibility for this scholarship for Undergraduate and Graduate students:
- ACT score of 19 or above on the English section
- SAT score of 470 or above on the Writing section
- Grade of “C” or above in English Composition I or II from an accredited U.S. university or college
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited U.S. university
- Citizenship (passport copy) from an exempt country
- Students who are currently or have previously been enrolled at the University of Central Arkansas are not eligible.
- Students applying for admission into the Intensive English Program only are not eligible.
- Students applying as a Visiting student are not eligible.
To begin the process, students should complete admission application process by the posted admission deadlines (the Spring 2014 deadline has been extended to November 15) and meet the minimum requirements. The following items should also be submitted by December 1st for a Spring Scholarship and June 15th for a Fall Scholarship.
Essay (250 word maximum)
This essay should be written in the English language and should describe the academic goals you hope to achieve while studying at the University of Central Arkansas.
Recommendation letters are encouraged but not required
The essay and letters should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Scholarship” in the subject line of the email.Students will be notified via email of the status of their scholarship request no later than December 15th for Spring semester awards and no later than July 1st for Fall semester awards.
Students awarded the International Student Mobility Scholarship are eligible for an award up to $2,000 to be awarded for the first semester of enrollment only. Awards will be applied to the recipients’ university account after verification of enrollment is completed.
Students awarded the International Student Mobility Scholarship with citizenship from underrepresented nations at UCA will receive a scholarship equivalent to full tuition and fees for the first semester of enrollment. Undergraduate students will receive a scholarship equal to 12 credit hours and Graduate students will receive a scholarship equal to 9 credit hours.
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- South Korea