1. Application for International Admission. Submit online application.
- If you are unable to fill out the online application, download a hard copy of the application (pdf) and mail, fax or scan it to the International Admissions Office.
- If you would like to have a friend or family member submit or have information about your application, you must provide written permission. There is a place in the online application where you can list the people who have this permission.
2. Non-Refundable $50.00 Application Fee.
- Application Fee must be paid before your admission packet will be sent. Instructions will be given on a later date.
Courier Fee: If you would like to have your admission documents sent to you by DHL, you must pay the $100 DHL fee. Documents will not be sent by DHL unless this fee is paid in advance.
3. Copy of the biographical page of your passport.
To ensure accuracy of your immigration documentation, a copy of the biographical page of your passport is required for admission. You may scan and email a copy of your passport to your admissions counselor.
4. Proof of Financial Support
U.S. Immigration Law requires that all F-1 and J-1 students demonstrate sufficient funds available for their educational expenses prior to immigration document issuance (Forms I-20 or DS-2019). International students who reside on campus are eligible for the out-of-state tuition waiver. Find the 2015-2016 Estimated Cost of Attendance Undergraduate Students.
- Undergraduate students, who wish to live On Campus, must submit all of the following:
- Documentation of Financial Resources. Bank statement from within last six months with ending balance of $17,000.00 USD for an academic year (2 semesters) of study.
- Sponsorship Letter If the bank statement is not in your name, you must provide a letter of Sponsorship. Students sponsored by SACM may submit the financial guarantee instead of this form.
- Declaration of Intent to Live On Campus
- Undergraduate students,who wish to live Off Campus, must submit all of the following:
- Documentation of Financial Resources. Bank statement from within last six months that shows ending balance of $25,500.00 USD for an academic year (2 semesters) of study
- Sponsorship Letter If the bank statement is not in your name, you must provide a letter of Sponsorship. Students sponsored by the Saudi Arabia Culture Mission (SACM) may submit the financial guarantee instead of this form.
5. Academic Records
Transfer/Post-Baccalaureate Applicants must submit official transcripts/mark sheets from each college or university attended (translated into English). You must have a minimum 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale to qualify for admission. All non-U.S. transcripts must be accompanied by a course-match credential evaluation from International Education Evaluations, Inc. In order to ensure that you receive the maximum amount of transfer credit possible, it is imperative that you also submit official course descriptions (translated into English) with your transcripts and credential evaluation.
For students transferring from Arkansas universities or colleges to UCA, ADHE provides a resource for students to estimate their transfer credit.
6. Proof of English Language Proficiency
Submit one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) UCA’s TOEFL code is 6012.
- Official TOEFL score of 500 (paper-based exam) or 61 (iBT).
- NOTE: Institutional TOEFL results from other universities will not be accepted. Completion of an English as a Second Language program at another university does not meet the English proficiency requirement.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- A minimum score 5.5 is required
- ACT score of 19 or above on the English portion of the exam. UCA’s ACT code is 0118.
- SAT score of 470 or above on the Writing portion of the SAT exam. UCA’s SAT code is 6016.
- Grade of “C” or above in English Composition I or II from an accredited U.S. university or college.
- Citizenship (passport copy) from an exempt country.
Note to Nursing Applicants
Please check the Nursing Department website for specific information related to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. NOTE: Your admission to UCA with an intended major of nursing is equivalent to being admitted to UCA with a pre-nursing major.
Note to All Applicants
If you are transferring your SEVIS record to UCA from a different institution, or if you are currently in the United States, you must submit a copy of your current visa, I-94 card and entry document (I-20 or DS-2019).
UCA does not tolerate forged documentation; applications submitted with such documentation will be denied.
Incomplete applications and supporting documents are not retained past the semester of application. If you wish to continue your application to a later semester, you must notify International Admissions prior to the start of that semester. If you do not inform us of your intent to continue your application to a later semester, you must to reapply and resubmit your application documents.
All documents, other than official university transcripts, may be submitted via email to email@example.com. Hard-copy documents, checks, money orders and transcripts should be mailed to: University of Central Arkansas, Attn: International Admissions, McCastlain Hall, Suite 109, 201 S. Donaghey Dr., Conway, AR 72035.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact InternationalAdmission@uca.edu.