Applications are complete once all required documentation is submitted.
1. Application for International Admission. Submit online application.
- If you are unable to fill out the online application, download a hard copy of the application (pdf) and mail, fax or scan it to the International Admissions Office. ***PhD Leadership Studies applicants for the Fall 2014 term should submit a hard copy application to email@example.com.
- If you would like to have a friend or family member submit or have information about your application, you must provide written permission within the online application.
2. Non-Refundable $50.00 Application Fee. Pay online.
- Applications will not be processed until the application fee is paid.
- If you are unable to pay online you can send a check or money order drawn from a US bank. UCA does not accept payments through Western Union. Do not send cash through the mail.
Courier Fee: If you would like to have your admission documents sent to you by DHL, you must pay the $100 DHL fee. Documents will not be sent by DHL unless this fee is paid in advance. The courier fee can also be paid online.
3. Copy of the biographical page of your passport.
To ensure accuracy of your immigration documentation, a copy of the biographical page of your passport is required for admission. You may scan and email a copy of your passport to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Proof of Financial Support
U.S. Immigration Law requires that all F-1 and J-1 students demonstrate sufficient funds available for their educational expenses prior to immigration document issuance (Forms I-20 or DS-2019). International students who reside on campus are eligible for the out-of-state tuition waiver. Find the 2013-2014 Estimated Cost of Attendance for Graduates.
- Graduate students, who wish to live On Campus, must submit all of the following:
- Documentation of Financial Resources. Bank statement from within last six months with ending balance of $14,000.00 USD for an academic year (2 semesters) of study.
- Confirmation of Financial Resources. Students sponsored by SACM may submit the financial guarantee instead of this form.
- Declaration of Intent to Live On Campus
- Graduate students, who wish to live Off Campus, must submit all of the following:
- Documentation of Financial Resources. Bank statement from within last six months that shows ending balance of $20,700.00 USD for an academic year (2 semesters) of study
- Confirmation of Financial Resources. Students sponsored by the Saudi Arabia Culture Mission (SACM) may submit the financial guarantee instead of this form.
5. Academic Records
Graduate Applicants must send complete transcripts/mark sheets and diplomas from all universities attended. All non-U.S. university transcripts must be accompanied by a course-by-course credential evaluation from International Education Evaluations, Inc. Graduate students are not required to submit high school (secondary school) transcripts or diplomas. A minimum 2.7 GPA on a 4.00 scale is required for international admission; some graduate programs require a higher minimum GPA for admission consideration. Students who have attended another graduate institution and earned less than a 3.00 GPA on 4.00 will not be considered admissible. [NOTE: Graduate applicants applying through PTCAS should submit a credential evaluation from World Education Services instead of from IEE.]
6. Proof of English Language Proficiency
Submit one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) UCA’s TOEFL code is 6012.
- Graduate Students must present an official TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based exam); 213 (computer-based exam); or 79 (iBT)
- NOTE: Institutional TOEFL results from other universities will not be accepted. Completion of an English as a Second Language program at another university will not be accepted.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Graduate students must submit 6.5
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited U.S. university or college.
- Citizenship (passport copy) from an exempt country.
7. Additional Program Requirements
The International Student Application and International Application Fee replace the Graduate School Application and the Graduate School Application Fee only. You must check the web page of your intended program of study to verify that you have followed any additional application procedures and submitted any additional documentation or forms as required by that program. All deadlines and program requirements must be met in addition to the requirements listed above.
Note to All Applicants
If you are transferring your SEVIS record to UCA from a different institution, or if you are currently in the United States, you must submit a copy of your current visa, I-94 card and entry document (I-20 or DS-2019).
UCA does not tolerate forged documentation; applications submitted with such documentation will be denied.
Incomplete applications and supporting documents are not retained past the semester of application. If you wish to continue your application to a later semester, you must notify International Admissions prior to the start of that semester. If you do not inform us of your intent to continue your application to a later semester, you must to reapply and resubmit your application documents.
All documents, other than official university transcripts, may be submitted via email to InternationalAdmission@uca.edu. Hard-copy documents, checks, money orders and transcripts should be mailed to: University of Central Arkansas, Attn: International Admissions, 201 Donaghey Avenue, Bernard Hall Room 103H, Conway, AR 72035.