The Division of International Engagement is pleased to announce the Global Citizen Scholarship to international students currently enrolled at the University of Central Arkansas. The Global Citizen Scholarship is a highly competitive scholarship with awards being determined based upon grade point average, essay submission, leadership and/or service experience at UCA and letters of recommendations. Please see below for the full list of eligibility requirements and the application process.
- Students must be currently enrolled at UCA and classified as an international student.
- Students must be enrolled in a degree seeking program.
- Students from Undergraduate and Graduate programs are eligible.
- Students must be in good immigration status.
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5, based on Undergraduate or Graduate coursework.
- Students must have successfully completed 12 Undergraduate or 9 Graduate credit hours by the end of the spring semester.
- Students enrolled in the Intensive English Program are not eligible to apply.
- Students enrolled as Visiting Students are not eligible to apply.
To apply for the Global Citizen scholarship, complete the application found at the following link: Click here by May 1st. Remember: You have to open your MyUCA email account FIRST in order for this LINK to work and you will also be required to upload an essay in the application.
Please upload a 500 word (minimum) to 750 (maximum) essay answering the following questions:
- What personal and academic goals have you achieved while attending UCA and what long-term goals do you hope to achieve?
- How have you been practicing Global Citizenship at UCA and in the local community and how will you continue to be a Global Citizen in your country and community after completing your education at UCA?
Letters of Recommendation:
Submit 3 current letters supporting your request for scholarship funds. The letters of recommendation should be sent via email to email@example.com. Please include “Global Citizen Scholarship” in the subject line of the email. Please note that if letters of recommendation are submitted as a PDF or hard copy, they must be signed by the person recommending you. If you are being recommended by a faculty or staff member at UCA, and they want to send their letters electronically, they must use their UCA email accounts. Letters may also be delivered to McCastlain Hall suite 109.
Students will be notified via email of their eligibility for the scholarship by May 15th (after Spring grades are verified). Award notifications will be sent by June 1st.
Students awarded the Global Citizen Scholarship will receive an award equivalent to Full Tuition and Fees for the Fall and Spring semesters. Undergraduate students will receive a scholarship equal to 12 credit hours and Graduate students will receive a scholarship equal to 9 credit hours. Initial awards will be applied to the recipients’ university account after verification of enrollment for the Fall semester is completed.
Recipients enrolling in more credit hours will be responsible for the additional costs including the International Insurance fee.
Renewal of Award:
Scholarship awards will be renewed for the Spring semester when the following are confirmed:
- Recipients have maintained a cumulative 3.25 GPA through the Fall semester.
- Verification of enrollment for the Spring semester – 12 Undergraduate credit hours or 9 Graduate credit hours.
- Student is considered to be in good immigration status.
Recipients of the Global Citizen Scholarship will assist the Division of International Engagement during the award period to coordinate cultural events and/or actively participate with one project per semester.
Only Fall and Spring semesters are covered by the scholarship. Summer terms and intersessions are not covered.
To maintain the Global Citizen Scholarship, recipients must complete the application process in subsequent years. No preference is given to previous recipients.
If a recipient receives additional scholarships during the award period, the Global Citizen Scholarship will be applied in an amount equal to the remaining balance of tuition and fees. Excess aid will not be distributed to the student.