Frequently Asked Questions


Conway is located in Central Arkansas with a population of over 60,000 residents.  Located only 25 miles north of Little Rock, our capital city, you can always find something to do whether it’s shopping, outdoor activities, or an active nightlife.  Learn more about Conway, AR at


Once we receive all required admission documents, an admissions analyst will review your application. We will notify you of your status by mail. It typically takes approximately three weeks for review and notification.
You do not have to declare a major when you apply for admission. Coursework taken throughout your first two years is flexible for most majors. However, we always recommend that you speak with your academic advisor about your status and when you should be declaring a major.
To be considered for admission, high school transcripts and college transcripts must be official; therefore, they must come directly from the institution via mail or electronically (i.e.TRIAND, EDI, Parchment, eScript, email from high school representative).  Our mailing address is 201 Donaghey Ave, Harrin Hall 100 Conway, AR 72035.

Test scores can be sent through request of electronic submission from the test administrator or emailed. An emailed copy of immunization records is acceptable as long as they are legible and list your name and date of birth. All emailed documents can be sent to Photographs of supplemental admission documents are not acceptable.

Costs & Financial Aid

For first-time freshmen, the application for admission serves as the academic scholarship application. To be considered for an academic scholarship, you submit an application for admission and all supplemental items, meeting admission requirements, by the scholarship deadline.  For additional information, please reference the scholarship policy specific to your scholarship year at

The application for admission also serves as the transfer scholarship application.  To be considered for a transfer scholarship, you submit submit an application for admission and all supplemental items by the scholarship deadline.

Performance scholarships are awarded by individual departments and foundation scholarships are managed by the Foundation Office.

All degree-seeking students are encouraged to apply for financial aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA will show your eligibility for grants and student loans.  If you have specific questions about institutional scholarships or financial aid, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at or (501) 450-3140.

Getting a college degree is an investment in your future.  UCA costs are competitive with other state institutions and more economical than most private schools.  You can use our tuition and fees calculator for a cost of attendance estimate or look at tuition and fee rates on their own.

We provide a number of payment plan options for our students.  If you have specific questions about payment plans, contact Student Accounts at or (501) 450-5015.


UCA works diligently to make the transfer experience as easy as possible. We have a number of transfer agreements that focus on transferrable courses from Arkansas two-year colleges. Students may also use the Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS) to view lists of course transfer information from other Arkansas public institutions.
Absolutely!  CLEP credit may be awarded to students who have met the minimum score requirements set by the university, have not already satisfied the general education requirements, and have not enrolled for the course.  The university allows students to take either the general examinations or specific subject examinations to earn college credit for a maximum of 30 hours of general education courses.

For more information about CLEP credit, contact the University Testing Center at (501) 450-3209. 

The University of Central Arkansas is a participant in the Advanced Placement Program. A full list of AP subject area, courses, and exams, along with minimum required scores may be found in the Undergraduate Bulletin in section 8.3
The University of Central Arkansas is a participant in the International Baccalaureate Program. A full list of IB subjects/levels may be found in the Undergraduate Bulletin in section 8.4.
For the spring semester, new freshmen students meet with an advisor in the Academic Advising Center.

For the fall semester, incoming freshmen will participate in Summer Orientation and Academic Registration (SOAR) during the summer months.

Transfer students will meet with a transfer advisor in Transfer Services, regardless of entry term.

Post-baccalaureate, visiting, and readmit students may schedule their appointment with the Academic Advising Center regardless of entry term.

Campus Experience

Studies show that freshmen who live on campus, as a whole, attain a higher grade point average than those who don’t. On campus living provides greater access to the library, computers and study labs, as well as support among peers.

Freshmen are required to live on campus their first year, unless they meet exemption criteria.  If you have specific questions about on-campus housing requirements, you may contact the Office of Housing & Residence Life at or (501) 450-3132.

Our Christian Cafeteria will have something to satisfy any craving. Meals are available daily from a variety of stations that serve pasta, deli selections, all-day breakfast, fresh market fruits and vegetables, and more. No time to hit the cafeteria? Then head over to the Student Center where you can choose from Deli selections, Quizno’s, Chick-Fil-A, Mooyah Burgers, Pizza Hut, or Sushic sushi.

Learn more about the campus dining experience at UCA Dining

Getting involved on campus is as simple as identifying your interest or cause. Whether you want to get a taste of Greek Life, help plan student activities, or promote a worthwhile cause, you can find your match through one of the more than 200 recognized student organizations (RSOs). Find your group by visiting the RSO webpage. There’s no excuse for not getting involved!
The Health, Physical Education and Recreation (HPER) Center features basketball courts, volleyball and badminton courts, indoor track, exercise studios, and a fitness center complete with cardio and strength training equipment.

If you would rather be outdoors, Campus Outdoor Pursuits & Activities (COPA) has you covered. Located in the back of the HPER, COPA offers gear to check-out such as tents, backpacks, kayaks, mountain bikes, and canoes. COPA also offers trips, activities, clinics, and seminars related to outdoor activities, and serves as a resource for where to camp, hike, and enjoy the outdoors in Arkansas.

Going to college can be intimidating but we’ve got you covered.  The Office of Student Success provides a wide variety of programs and services, including, academic success workshops, success coaching, and tutoring services.  They also host the Summer Start Bridge Program so entering first-year students can start their college work early and complete some transitional coursework.
UCA’s Department of Information Technology (IT) makes sure all students have the access they need to be success. You can access our wifi network from almost anywhere on campus to complete your homework assignments, email professors, stream music, and more! Students can also download Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for free and get support with its installation on your personal computer. If you’re not bringing a computer from home, no worries. We have a number of desktop computers in the library or you can check-out a laptop.
There are a number of on-campus student worker opportunities. Career Services provides postings of available part-time student worker and work study positions on campus.
The Student Health Center can serve almost any medical need of students.  With a licensed physician and nurse practitioners on staff, services include a Women’s Health Clinic, lab and x-rays, as well as vaccines and typical clinic features.  The health services fee eliminates office visit charges for students.
Safety is a top priority at Central Arkansas.  All UCA police officers undergo intensive training and graduate from the Police Academy.  Campus properties and adjacent streets are patrolled 24 hours a day to ensure the safety and security of all students.  UCAPD also provides a number of safety programs including Brake for Bears, Safe Spring Break, and self-defense and awareness training.

The UCA Police Department annually distributes a document entitled Clery Annual Security & Fire Safety Report.  This document serves as the annual security and fire safety report for the University of Central Arkansas in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act.  You may view a copy of the Clery Report online or request that a copy be mailed to you by contacting UCAPD at (501) 450-3111.