Applying to college is an exciting process! We are here to help you through your journey. If you have specific questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-243-8245.
When to Apply
The application for admission for future terms will open annually on August 1. We encourage students to apply early to ensure consideration for academic scholarships and the opportunity to start the housing and financial aid processes.
- Create an account and submit online Undergraduate Application*
- Request that your official high school transcript, showing a cumulative high school grade point average and coursework, be sent to the Office of Admissions
- Send your ACT or SAT test scores to the University of Central Arkansas (ACT-0118/SAT-6012) or request for them to be sent to the Office of Admissions
*Submission of the application requires a $25 non-refundable fee. Application fee waivers are available to eligible students who submit a fee waiver request form and supporting documentation. Fee waivers will not be approved after the application have been fully submitted.
Students seeking admission as a first-time freshman must meet minimum admission criterion as defined by unconditional or conditional standards within the Undergraduate Bulletin.
Unconditional Admission: Students meet all minimum State and institutional requirements and do not require additional coursework or testing. Minimum requirements for unconditional admission include:
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 grading scale
- Minimum 21 ACT composite or 1450 SAT combined score (CR+M+W) (Pre-March 2016)/1060 redesigned SAT
- Individual subject sub-scores on the ACT/SAT that exempt the student from required remediation
- Minimum ACT sub-score of 19 in areas of English, reading, and math
- Minimum SAT (pre-March 2016) sub-scores of 470 writing, 470 critical reading, 460 math
- Minimum SAT (redesign) sub-scores of 26 writing/language and 26 reading, and 500 math section score
- Completion of the high school Core Curriculum for college preparation or GED requirements
Conditional Admission: Student meets minimum admission requirements but the cumulative GPA and/or test scores require additional placement testing and/or coursework upon enrolling with the university. Minimum requirements for conditional admission include:
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 grading scale
- Minimum 17 ACT composite or 1210 SAT combined (CR+M+W) (Pre-March 2016)/900 redesigned SAT
- Minimum 15 ACT or SAT equivalent in all individual subject sub-scores
- SAT (pre-March 2016) 380 writing, 390 critical reading, and 350 math
- SAT (redesign) 22 writing/language, 22 reading, and 390 math
- Completion of high school graduation or GED requirements
Students who plan to attend the University of Central Arkansas as a first-time freshman must also submit proof of two MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) shots or proper exemptions from the Arkansas Department of Health to the Office of Admissions prior to registration. Students born before January 1, 1957 are exempt from this requirement.
Applications are processed on a rolling basis throughout the year. We estimate approximately three weeks to process your application. This estimation is based on complete applications (i.e., application, transcript(s), and test scores are received). However, this estimation is dependent upon the volume of applications received by the Office of Admissions. During high volumes times, we will correspond with students via email to expedite communication. Students may also stay up-to-date on their application status by using their gopurple account.
Students who do not meet minimum admission requirements may appeal their decision through the University Admissions Committee using the formal appeal form and supplying all requested supplemental items. Once your file has been reviewed, you will receive a letter with a final admission decision.
Helpful Freshman Links