Search Results for: change major

Major/Minor/Advisor Changes

Request to Change Your Major, Minor, or Advisor

Request to Change Your Major, Minor, or Advisor

This form is for undergraduate students only. Graduate students, please contact the Graduate School.

Please note: Responses to all student inquiries will be made to a student's official UCA cub e-mail account.

Changing Your Major/Minor/Advisor

“How To” Videos


Demonstrations can be found at

  1. Log-in to myUCA  
  2. Select the “Self-Service” tab
  3. Choose “Student & Financial Aid”
  4. Click the “Registration” link
  5. To find a course’s CRN, click the “Look Up Classes” link
  6. Select SUMMER  2015 OR FALL 2015
  7. Find Classes



Demonstrations can be found at

  1. Log-in to myUCA
  2. Select the “My UCA” tab
  3. Click on the UCA Academic Advising icon
  4. Click on Current Students and Select Academic Maps
  5. At the top of the page click on Academic year, then click “2015 PCP” (Depending on what semester you enrolled)
  6. Scroll down and select your undergraduate degree of interest  


How To Declare/Change Major and/or Minor
  1. Log-in to myUCA
  2. Select the “My UCA” tab
  3. Click on the UCA Academic Advising icon
  4. Click on Current Students and Declare Major/Minor/Advisor


How to Make an Appointment

Demonstrations can be found at

  1. Go to the Academic Advising Center Website on myUCA.
  2. Click on the “Make an Appointment” tab.This brings you to the GradesFirst Homepage. Your user id and password for this system is     your Network ID and PIN just as like you logged into myUCA.
  3. Select “Get Advising” on the Right of the home screen.
  4. Choose “Advising” from the dropdown menu.
  5. Select an available time.
How to Find Your Advisor

Demonstrations can be found at

  1. Log-in to myUCA  
  2. Select the “Self-Service” tab
  3. Choose “Student & Financial Aid”
  4. Click the “Student Record” link
  5. Click the “View Student Information link
  6. Select the Term
  7. Read information and if your advisor is not listed please call the Advising Center at 501-450-5149.


  • Please visit our website at
  • Students taking UNIV COURSES must register with an advisor. Make sure you bring a list of classes each with their CRN (BLUE FIVE DIGIT NUMBERS) that you want to take this semester.

Advising Forms for Faculty Advisors


Templates to communicate with your advisees:

How to… Video Tutorials to send your advisees:

View all video tutorials.


Graduation Application

Associate of Arts Degree (Click if you are graduating with a 2-year degree)

GRADUATING in Fall 2017 or Spring 2018: Complete this form and submit. You will be notified of the status of your application within several weeks.

GRADUATION TERM CHANGE: YOU SHOULD NOT RE-SUBMIT YOUR GRADUATION APPLICATION FOR ONLY A TERM CHANGE. Please click the link below and complete the Term Change Form, and submit directly to the Registrar’s office:




Bachelors Degree Application


Associate of Arts Degree in General Education

  • Name you want printed on diploma/program
  • Address to mail your diploma



The Road to Graduation

We know the road to graduation can be long and winding, so we have created a cheat sheet–broken down by academic year–to help keep you on track.

While you are a Freshman:

While you are a Sophomore:

  • Research jobs in career field and graduate programs
  • Join professional associations, clubs and organizations
  • Visit Degreeworks in myUCA, and learn degree requirements
  • Attend Sophomore Workshops

While you are a Junior:

  • Meet with your faculty advisor to discuss upper division courses and research opportunities
  • Submit Graduation Application online and complete Graduation Application Worksheet
  • Review graduation application with your faculty advisor to verify outstanding requirements
  • Search for and apply to summer internships 

While you are a Senior:

  • Review graduation requirements to make sure everything is complete
  • Pay graduation fees
  • Order cap and gown from UCA Bookstore
  • Apply to graduate schools/jobs/internships/other professional opportunities
  • Walk in commencement ceremony
  • Celebrate being a UCA Alumnus!


Other Campus Resources:


Life Before and After Nursing

Online Nursing Workshop

Welcome! If you are a pre-nursing, or nursing student, and would like to know of other nursing program options or other majors, this is the workshop for you. This workshop provides you with information to prepare you as you pursue a career in nursing. But if you need to transition to another degree program, then there is information for you as well. You can still meet with me one on one, but there is information you will need to bring with you to an advising session covered in this workshop. One recent change to the video regards Slide 5.

The reference website to visit for Arkansas Nursing Programs is

For further advising, please email Pearlie Williams at

AfterHours Connection Virtual Advising

Have a quick advising question that just can’t wait? Academic Advisors will be available to assist you in the evenings from 5:00-7:00 p.m. via phone or email on the following dates:

  • Tuesday, November 7
  • Wednesday, November 8
  • Thursday, November 9
  • Monday, November 13
  • Tuesday, November 14

Advisors will be available to assist with schedule change questions, major or minor information, and can answer general advising questions. This will not replace a student’s required appointment with their assigned academic advisor, and after hours advisors cannot release registration holds.


Call AfterHours

Email After Hours







Graduation Application Procedures for Faculty Advisors

Outlined below are the steps for faculty advisors to follow when one of their advisees applies for graduation.

Group A: Departments partnering with the Academic Advising Center

The process works as follows:

1. Once a student has completed at least 80 hours, they are eligible to apply for graduation online here. The student should submit the graduation application one year in advance of their anticipated graduation date.

2. The Academic Advising Center generates a graduation application form using information the student has provided and completes Part I on page one of the application. The Academic Advising Center emails the graduation application to the student and faculty advisor with a message that it is the student’s responsibility to contact the faculty advisor during the current semester to meet and review the application.

3. The major faculty advisor should document the major classes and the Upper Division Core classes that the student is lacking on Part 2 of the application, review the entire application with them and answer any questions that the student may have. To help with this process, you may wish to complete the Graduation Checksheet with the student to review any outstanding requirements. The student must also sign the bottom of the second page of the application.

If it is determined that the student will not graduate in the semester they have applied for, they should complete a Term Change Form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office.

4. The faculty advisor is responsible to return the entire, completed application to the Academic Advising Center in one of the following ways:

(1) scanned and sent via email to or

(2) delivered to Susan Peterson in Harrin Hall 134B

The department chair should decide what process their department will use to return the completed applications to the Academic Advising Center and communicate their decision to Susan Peterson​. Susan Peterson will do a final review of the completed applications and send them on the Registrar’s office.

5. Until the completed graduation application is returned to Susan Peterson, the student has not applied for graduation.​


Group B: Departments that complete the entire application 

The following departments have received approval from the Provost to process the entire graduation application within the department and send the completed and signed application to Susan Peterson.

College of Education

Communication Sciences and Disorders


Exercise and Sport Science



Physical Therapy

Athletic Training, PETE, and the Coaching Endorsement


For questions about the graduation application procedures, please contact Susan Peterson at (501) 852-2790 or

Forms for Students

Click the links below to download and print the most commonly used forms.

Ordering an Official Transcript

Lower Division Core Checksheet 2017-2018

Schedule Change Form

Schedule Exception Form

Transfer Credit Pre-Approval Form

Master Class Schedule Form

Grade Forgiveness Form

FERPA Authorization Form

Academic Suspension Appeal Form

Graduation Application Term Change Form

Graduation Checksheet

27 Hour Major Declaration Rule