Degree Works

Degree Works is a web-based tool to help students and advisors monitor student’s progress toward degree completion. Degree Works combines University of Central Arkansas degree requirements and the coursework the student has completed with an easy- to-read worksheet that helps you see how the courses the student has completed count toward degree requirements, and also helps you see what courses and requirements they still need to complete.

Note: Degree Works is designed to aid and facilitate academic advising, but is not intended to replace face-to-face advising sessions. Degree Works is neither an official academic transcript nor an official notification of completion of degree requirements. Degree Works is built using program requirements based solely on the UCA Undergraduate/Graduate Bulletin by catalog year.

Graduate Students: Please jump to the Graduate School Degree Works page for additional information specific to you and your programs.


Access Degree Works

Degree Works can be accessed for students and faculty/staff through the Student and Faculty Services tabs within myUCA Self-Service or by using the link below.



Students are granted access to Degree Works upon admission.

Faculty/staff are granted access to Degree Works, as they are granted faculty/advisor access in Banner. This setup is completed by Lori Hudspeth in the Division of Academic Affairs. After this is set up, staff will be able to access Degree Works at the start of the next business day. If access is needed sooner, please email


Using Degree Works

Degree Works User Guide
Degree Works Responsive Dashboard Tutorial
Degree Works What-If Tutorial
Degree Works GPA Calculator Tutorial


Course Substitutions

Course substitutions are granted and applied to a student’s degree requirements in extenuating circumstances. These requests are initiated by the student’s advisor and/or Department Chair using the form at the link below. The Department Chair/Dean must give final approval before the substitution is applied.

DegreeWorks Course Substitutions Form


Have a question/issue regarding Degree Works?


Degree Works Question/Issue Submission

This form is used to ask questions about Degree Works or report an issue.
  • Please tell us your type of audit / user:
  • Please provide the Banner ID of the student that the audit is being produced.
  • Degree plan for the student:
  • What bulletin year did you run the audit against:
  • Please provide your question or a description of the issue you're experiencing.
  • Please tell us about any solutions that you have attempted.
  • Add any additional information that might help us determine the issue.