Students seeking residency reclassification as in-state domiciliary should visit the appropriate sections below to see if you qualify through exemption. If you do not meet any of the following exemptions, you may still qualify for residency reclassification by completing the form below and providing the requested documentation.

Residency Reclassification Form


Residency Policies and Regulations


Residency Exemptions

If you live on campus in a UCA residence hall or a UCA apartment which are: Bear Village, Donaghey Hall, Erbach, Georgetown, Oak Tree, Stadium Park, Torreyson and Western Heights apartments. This includes UCA leased sorority houses.

At this time, students wishing to live in a fraternity house will have to apply and submit all documentation to become an Arkansas resident to not pay out-of-state tuition. Fraternity houses are not considered any part of UCA Housing.

As you are a resident of UCA Housing, there is no need to complete an application for residency reclassification. An out-of-state tuition waiver will be applied through a collaboration between UCA Housing and Student Accounts. Please visit the Student Accounts office for more information on when that waiver will be applied.

Undergraduate Students (Counties)

a. Claiborne Parish*
b. Morehouse Parish*
c. Union Parish*
d. Webster Parish*

a. Bolivar County*
b. Coahoma County*
c. Desota County*
d. Tunica County*

a. Barry County*
b. Dunklin County*
c. Howell County*
d. McDonald County*
e. Oregon County*
f. Ozark County*
g. Pemiscot County*
h. Ripley County*
i. Taney County*

a. Adair County*
b. Delaware County*
c. Le Flore County*
d. McCurtain County*
e. Sequoyah County*

a. Dyer County*
b. Lauderdale County*
c. Shelby County*
d. Tipton County*

a. Bowie County
b. Cass County

Graduate Students (States)

a. Louisiana
b. Mississippi
c. Missouri
d. Oklahoma
e. Tennessee
f.  Texas

In-state tuition is given to students who are UCA graduates (Associate, Bachelor, or Graduate degree) or a child/grandchild, age 26 or under, of UCA graduates (Associate, Bachelor, or Graduate degree) who are dues-paying members of the UCA Alumni Association. This waiver is applied by Student Accounts after joining the Alumni Association and completing the Out-of-State Tuition Waiver Validation Form found at the link below. To continue receiving the waiver throughout the student’s enrollment at UCA, the member must submit the “Out-of-State Tuition Waiver Validation Form” for each semester enrolled.
Out-of-State Tuition Waiver Validation Form
A student who is a veteran, dependent of a veteran, member of the armed forces, spouse of a member of the armed forces, or a dependent of a member of the armed forces stationed in the state of Arkansas pursuant to military orders, shall be entitled to classification as in-state students for fee paying purposes. To qualify, you must complete the residency reclassification form above and upload a copy of your military orders.
A student who is a full-time graduate assistant is eligible to receive in-state tuition. The Graduate School will work directly with Student Accounts to apply the out-of-state fee waiver after the GA hiring process is complete. No action is needed by the GA in order to receive in-state tuition. You do not need to complete the residency reclassification form.