There are a multitude of ways to support the music department. Click here to donate today.
FRIENDS OF MUSIC
Friends of Music is a dedicated group of alumni and friends that works to enhance the student experience in the UCA Department of Music.
ALL-STEINWAY SCHOOL INITIATIVE
Since 1853 Steinway pianos have set an uncompromising standard for sound, touch, beauty and investment value. The University of Central Arkansas’ Steinway Initiative requires that 90 percent of the conservatory’s piano fleet be comprised of Steinway-designed instruments.
• More than 200 music majors and minors who participate in over 25 different student ensembles.
• More than 1,300 students take music courses each year.
• Students spend more than 25,000 practice hours on our pianos annually.
• Undergraduate music majors study performance, education, or composition, while graduates have options of performance, education, or theory.
• There are 47 faculty and staff, with 43 highly specialized faculty members, who have studied at the most prestigious universities and conservatories in the world. Every student has the opportunity to grow into a world-class artist.
• 40% increase in graduates with 35 students graduating in 2015-16.
• More than 300 students enrolled in The Community School of Music annually.
• The average age of piano at the University is 32 years old with 24 pianos being 45 years or older.
• Maintenance and repair of existing inventory is very expensive.
• The goal is to purchase 43 Steinway brand pianos and build a permanent endowed piano maintenance fund totaling $3 million for all.
• To qualify as an All-Steinway School, 90% of our pianos must be Steinway or Steinway-designed pianos.
• Only 179 schools worldwide bear the coveted “All-Steinway School” designation
• 96% of All-Steinway Schools surveyed agree being an All-Steinway School assists in the recruitment of more students.
• Steinway pianos are the most cost-effective pianos due to low maintenance costs and lasting quality.
• Each Steinway piano is handcrafted and takes dozens of artisans, with decades of experiences, 12 months to create one.
• Steinway is the preferred instrument of concert artists around the world. Over 98% of piano soloists chose the Steinway piano during the 2013-2014 concert season.
• Steinway pianos are the only pianos still made in the USA.
• Becoming an All-Steinway School demonstrates the University’s strong dedication to its students, a commitment to excellence, an unparalleled educational experience for our students and a priceless asset for our community.
CONWAY SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
From outreach programs in local schools to free community concerts, from discounted tickets for children and students to amazing guest artists - your support makes it happen! For twenty-six years we have been pleased to bring high-quality orchestral music to our area. With the support of individuals and local businesses, the CSO keeps ticket prices affordable and continues to expand our educational and outreach programs.Please help us continue this tradition and support the Conway Symphony Orchestra with a gift to our Annual Fund.
Named Sponsorship Opportunities are also available - please contact the CSO directly for details.
UCA BAND ALUMNI
The UCA Band Alumni plays an important role in the support and longevity of the UCA Bands. For more information on the UCA Band Alumni, click here.