Federal Financial Aid Application Process
1) Apply for Admission – The first step in applying for financial aid is to apply for admission to UCA.
2) Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - You may submit your application electronically via FAFSA on the web. Be sure to include UCA’s Title IV Code: 001092.
Once your application has been processed, you will receive an e-mail from the federal processor. Our office will receive an electronic version of the student’s FAFSA 3 -5 business days after it has been completed. At this point, we will determine what additional documentation our office needs.
3) Complete Your UCA Financial Aid File – Once our office receives your FAFSA, you will be notified at your UCA e-mail address with instructions to check your myUCA Financial Aid Account for any additional information required. It is important that you turn in the required documents as soon as possible to ensure you receive the most beneficial aid package available.
New! Beginning with the 14/15 academic year, students will need to electronically authorize their federal financial aid to pay for charges other than tuition/fees and room/board. In addition, students may authorize the use of current year excess aid to pay minor prior year charges. Students will complete the authorizations on myUCA at the following links:
Self-Service l Student/Financial Aid l Financial Aid l Award l Award for Aid Year l Resources/Additional Information
Please note that if you do not authorize the Student Accounts to use federal funds for these purposes, you may potentially receive excess aid and still owe a bill to the institution. Owing a bill to the institution will affect your ability to enroll at UCA or to have access to official academic records.
If you have a question at any point in the process, we are just a phone call away at 501-450-3140.
4) Verification - Students chosen for verification will be required to turn in additional documents. These documents will be listed on your myUCA Financial Aid Account. When we have received all required documentation, your application will be verified or reviewed for accuracy. The verification process can take 5 to 10 days, depending on the time of year. If we find errors in your application, we will correct the FAFSA for you.
5) Federal Aid Eligibility Determined and Awards Processed - When a student’s file is complete and verification (if selected) has finished, your eligibility will be determined and you will be awarded the federal aid for which you are eligible.
6) Review and Accept Your Awards - At this time you will be able to accept and/or decline your awards through myUCA Self-Service.
Please note that prior to accepting any federal financial aid awards, you must read the appropriate Required Reading document for the year/term funds are accepted. This document contains critical information relative to the conditions of these awards; as such, it is your responsibility to read this document.
Keeping Your Federal Financial Aid
7) Students who receive federal financial aid of any kind must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress. To view this policy, visit our Policies page.