1) Apply for Admission – The first step in applying for financial aid is to apply for admission. Once admitted, you will be required to submit verification of your social security number and citizenship status to the Office of Admissions, prior to enrollment/registration for classes.
2) Research Scholarship availability and deadlines at –http://uca.edu/scholarships/
3) Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – You must submit your application electronically via FAFSA on the Web. UCA’s Title IV Code is 001092.
4) Complete Your UCA Federal Financial Aid File – You will be notified by email if any additional documentation is required and this information will be found on your myUCA Fnancial Aid account.
5) Federal Financial Aid Verification – Students applying for federal financial aid who have their applications chosen for verification are required to submit additional documentation. These documents will be listed on your myUCA Financial Aid Account. When all required documentation is received, your application will be verified (reviewed for accuracy). The verification process can take 5 to 10 days, depending on the time of year. If errors are found, we will correct the FAFSA for you.
6) Federal Aid Eligibility Determined and Awards Processed – When your file is complete and verified (if selected), your eligibility will be determined and you will be awarded the federal aid for which you are eligible.
7) Review and Accept Your Awards – At this time you will be able to accept and/or decline your awards through your myUCA Financial Aid Account.
8) Satisfactory Academic Progress – To maintain eligibility to receive your federal financial aid you must continue to meet the federal Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy. To view this policy, visit our Policies page.
Have a question?