Federal Financial Aid Application Process
1) Apply for Admission – The first step in applying for financial aid is to apply for admission to UCA.
2) Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - You may submit your application electronically via FAFSA on the web. Be sure to include UCA’s Title IV Code: 001092.
Once your application has been processed, you will receive an e-mail from the federal processor called the Student Aid Report (SAR). Our office will receive an electronic version of the student’s FAFSA 5 – 10 business days after it has been completed. At this point, we will determine what additional documentation our office needs. NOTE: Every student has to complete at least one additional form before we can offer any federal aid.
3) Complete Your UCA Financial Aid File – Once our office receives your FAFSA, you will be notified at your UCA e-mail address with instructions to check your myUCA Financial Aid Account for any additional information required. It is important that you turn in the required documents as soon as possible to ensure you receive the most beneficial aid package available.
4) Verification - Students chosen for verification will be required to turn in additional documents. These documents will be listed on your myUCA Financial Aid Account. When we have received all required documentation, your application will be verified or reviewed for accuracy. The verification process can take one to two weeks, depending on the time of year. If we find errors in your application, we will correct the FAFSA for you. You will then receive an updated SAR with the corrected information.
5) Federal Aid Eligibility Determined and Awards Processed - When a student’s file is complete and verification (if selected) has finished, your eligibility will be determined and you will be awarded the federal aid for which you are eligible. At this time you will be able to accept and/or decline your awards through myUCA Self-Service. NOTE: Not all awards may be visible on your account at this time. This includes institutional (UCA academic and/or performance), state, and private scholarships. We recommend contacting the awarding organization or office to verify the status of your award.
Please note that prior to accepting any federal financial aid awards, you must read the appropriate Required Reading document for the year/term funds are accepted. This document contains critical information relative to the conditions of these awards; as such, it is your responsibility to read this document.
Keeping Your Financial Aid
Students who receive federal financial aid of any kind must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress. To view this policy, visit our Policies page.