Applying for Grants

A number of grants are made available by the U.S. Department of Education to help fund your UCA educational costs. The Financial Aid Office considers your eligibility for these based on the information submitted on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Federal Grants

  • Federal Pell Grants
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)
    • Funds are awarded to a limited number of undergraduate students with priority being given to Pell Grant recipients who apply early. Awards for each year range from $200 up to $1,000. Learn more about FSEOG.
  • Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant
    • A TEACH Grant is a federal grant that provides up to $4000 a year to students who are completing or plan to complete course work needed to begin a career in teaching.  TEACH Grants require a service obligation after graduation.  If you fail to complete the service obligation, the TEACH grant becomes an unsubsidized loan.  Learn more about TEACH.
  • Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant