Enrollment Requirements

Each type of financial aid you receive, whether it is institutional, state or federal has specific enrollment requirements.  It is important that you review your award notifications for each type of aid to determine the number of credit hours you are required to enroll in to receive the funds you have been awarded.


Federal financial aid offers assume you are regularly enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program offered by UCA and that you are enrolling in courses required for your program of study.  For financial aid purposes, the following chart defines the student’s enrollment status.

LevelFull Time3/4 Time1/2 Time<1/2 Time
Undergraduate/Post Bac enrolled in 1000 to 4000 level courses12 or more hours9-11 hours6-8 hours1-5 hours
Graduate enrolled in 5000 to 7000 level courses9 or more hours7-8 hours5-6 hours1-4 hours
  • Please note, part-time students are eligible for some types of aid and not others.
  • Students must be enrolled at least ½ time to receive Federal Direct Loans.
  • Loan Proration is required for students who have a remaining period of study that is shorter than one academic year. Contact your Financial Aid Counselor for more detailed information.


Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy

Federal regulations require students to be making satisfactory progress toward the completion of a degree or certificate program in order to receive Title IV aid. Title IV programs include: Pell Grant, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Work Study, Stafford Loans, and PLUS Loans. A student’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is reviewed at the end of each term. When a student’s academic performance does not meet the requirements of this policy, they will become ineligible to receive federal financial aid.