FAQ – Prospective Student

 Frequently Asked Questions about The Graduate School @ UCA


What programs does UCA have?

We have on-campus, hybrid, and online degree programs. Visit our UCA graduate programs page to see our current options.

 What do I need to apply?
  • Each program-specific requirements, so check the graduate bulletin to see what’s required for your chosen program.
  • Complete the Graduate School online application,  pay the application fee, send official academic transcripts, and entrance exam scores (if required by the program).
  • UCA’s Graduate School online application. Note: You will need to have an active email address and there is a $45 non-refundable fee for this application.
What are the requirements for concurrent enrollment?

If a senior is in his/her last term of enrollment before receiving a baccalaureate degree and is otherwise fully qualified to enter graduate study, that student may be admitted to concurrent status. Applicants need to apply at least six weeks before the start of registration.  Check the academic calendar for registration dates.

 What are my options for financing my graduate education at UCA?

Your options include private funds, scholarships, graduate assistantships, and / or student loans.

How do I find a graduate assistantship?

See Graduate Assistantship webpage

How do I know when the semester starts/ends as well as other important dates such as deadlines for registration?

UCA’s Academic Calendar is the best place to find this information.

What is the Graduate School orientation and when is it held?

Graduate Orientation is offered each fall semester for any graduate student who is interested. The date and time of the orientation will be posted online on the Graduate School website. Certain degree programs also offer their own program specific orientations. Please contact your department for more information.

What are my options for housing during graduate school at UCA?

UCA’s Housing office can provide you with information about on-campus options for housing.