Federal Financial Aid Programs


Federal Pell Grants

Available to undergraduate students who have demonstrated an exceptional financial need on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have not earned a bachelor or professional degree. Awards for the 15-16 academic year range from $686 up to $5,775. Learn more about Pell Grants.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

Funds are awarded to a limited number of undergraduate students with priority being given to Pell Grant recipients who meet the priority application deadline of April 15th who also demonstrate exceptional financial need. Awards for each year range from $200 up to $1,000. Learn more about SEOG.


Direct Loans
The U.S. Department of Education administers the William D. Ford Direct Loan program to provide low interest Stafford and PLUS Loans for students and parents who are attending at least half-time.  The U.S. Department of Education serves as the lender for all Direct Loans.  Learn more about Direct Loans.

Federal Perkins Loans

Federal Perkins Loans are long-term, low interest (5 percent) loans from the federal government administered through UCA. Priority is given to students with exceptional need. Learn more about Perkins Loans.
Please note that the U.S. Department of Education is in the process of “winding down” the Perkins loan program.  This means that eligibility for the program is increasingly restricted.

Work Study

Federal Work Study

Federal Work Study funds provide an opportunity for qualified students to work on campus and earn money to help pay for educational or personal expenses. To learn more about federal work study opportunities, visit with your Financial Aid Counselor.

The UCA Career Services Center maintains a list of Federal Work Study jobs currently available. Please note that this list is not comprehensive and students are advised to contact departments directly to inquire about available positions.