Natural Resource/Wildlife Management Employment Opportunity
The Military Department of Arkansas seeks two individuals to assist in the Camp Joseph T. Robinson Natural Resources Management Program.
Work will primarily involve assisting in various projects including:
- game and non-game wildlife
- aquatic bioassessment
- botany and plant communities
- pest/invasive species
- prescribed fire
- GIS data collection and processing
The applicant should be able and willing to work:
- a minimum of twenty hours per week (at least three days per week) up to a maximum of
forty hours per week
- both indoors and outdoors (hiking with 20-30 pounds of equipment while exposed to
inclement weather, extreme heat or cold, ticks, poisonous plants, and poisonous animals
should be expected)
- under supervision as well as independently
- in a relatively structured office environment with the understanding that job priorities
and schedules can be dynamic (will include some night work)
- with a variety of natural resource disciplines and personnel.
The applicant should have an interest in conservation and environmental concerns and the desire to assist with field and library/office-based work (including wildlife and vegetation monitoring, data-entry and literature research). Minimum of junior standing in a natural resource-related program (biology, environmental science, wildlife and fisheries management, etc.) is preferred. Present enrollment is not required and graduates are encouraged to apply. Familiarity with Microsoft Office software, ESRI ArcGIS software, and Trimble GPS equipment is desirable but not necessary.
This is a term-conditional, temporary position funded through September 30, 2013 with yearly extensions likely (dependent on future funding).
Those interested should contact:
Brian Mitchell Natural Resources Manager-Camp Joseph T. Robinson 501-626-9738 501-212-5891 email@example.com
Crime Lab Summer Internship Program
Arkansas State Crime Laboratory just released information on there 2013 ASCL Summer Internship Program.
2013 University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Coast Research Laboratory Summer Field Program -
Applications being accepted: http://www.usm.edu/gcrl/summer_field/index.php.