STEM@Arkansas~LIVING & LEARNING COMMUNITY
Statistics show that Residential College Program students have a 12% higher retention rate and 10% greater graduation rate than students who do not join in a Residential College. The STEM Residential College @ Arkansas Hall provides a living/learning environment that fosters the academic success of students pursuing studies in science, technology, computer science, pre-engineering, and mathematics. Participants live together and learn together with other students who have similar interests.
Students who live in STEM@Arkansas can:
• Take advantage of early opportunities for starting undergraduate research in Cellular or Molecular Biology, Organic Chemistry, Robotics, Differential Equations, Acoustics, Bio-Physics, Aquatic Ecology, Bioinformatics, to name just a few of our active research programs.
• Learn about classes, programs of study, internships, research and career opportunities.
• Enroll in the same sections of classes as other STEM residential students.
• Form study groups with other students in the residential college.
• Participate in special-topics courses focused on current scientific and technical issues.
• Course sections reserved for students in the STEM Residential College.
• Attend informal seminars and workshops on many topics held in the residential college.
• Participate in academic activities on campus and at other scientific facilities in the region.
• Benefit from mandatory common quiet hours.
STEM RESIDENTIAL COLLEGE @ Arkansas Hall
STEM students live in Arkansas Hall. The hall has the capacity to house 114 males and 96 females. Features of Arkansas Hall include a large atrium with multiple study zones, an integrated classroom and study rooms (Nerd Nodes) on each floor. Any student who has an interest in the sciences, technology, pre-engineering, or mathematics is encouraged to apply to live in Arkansas Hall as a STEM Resident. Applications should be submitted early because space is limited. There are no additional fees for living in the STEM Residential College @ Arkansas Hall.!
The STEM@Arkansas has:
- Classrooms with Wireless Internet Access and Smart Boards
- Eleven Nerd Nodes (Study Rooms)
- Security Access
- Resident Coordinator
- Peer Mentors
- Resident Master (Live-in Faculty Member)
- Bachelor of Science Degrees
- Computer Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Mathematics Education
- Science Education (Life/Physical/Earth)
- Environmental Science
- Engineering (3+2 program with UofA Fayetteville)