Recruitment at UCA
The university has set forth a few minimum eligibility requirements before you can join a fraternity or sorority on campus.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student (12 hours)
- Entering freshmen must have at least a 2.5 high school GPA; current/transfer students must have at least a 2.5 college GPA
- Must complete a Greek Life Orientation Session (see below) hosted by the Office of Student Life BEFORE participating in the recruitment process or being extended an invitation to membership.
If these requirements are met, then an individual may be eligible to receive a bid from a fraternity or sorority. Although groups may set higher standards, these are the minimum University requirements. Please be certain to check with an organization about their specific eligibility requirements.
With the aforementioned delayed recruitment requirements in place, IFC, IGC and Panhellenic Formal Recruitment is held each fall semester. With Formal Recruitment being held each fall semester, Greek organizations typically hand out “open bids” to eligible individuals during the fall and spring semesters. Sororities and fraternities will advertise their intentions to give out open bids through interest meetings advertised on campus.
NPHC intake varies and those interested should attend Go Greek Information Night or check the NPHC web page for more information.
Greek Life Orientation Sessions
Interested in Greek life at UCA? Make sure you attend our Greek Information Session during Welcome Week to learn more about the Greek experience.
Welcome Week Greek Information Session
Tuesday, August 16 at 10am in Ida Waldran Auditorium (inside Old Main Hall)
Mandatory Orientation Sessions for IFC, IGC, & Panhellenic
In order to participate in recruitment, you must attend at least one (1) session prior to participating in recruitment process or accepting a bid.
Spring 2017 Sessions:
- Thursday, January 12, X-period, Student Center 213
- Wednesday, January 18, 3:00pm, Student Center 223
- Thursday, January 19, X-period, Student Center 214
- Wednesday, January 25, 7:00pm, Student Center 213
- Thursday, January 26, X-period, Student Center 223
Fall 2016 Sessions:
- Welcome Week Info Session – Tuesday, August 16, 10am, Ida Waldran Auditorium (inside Old Main Hall)
- Thursday, August 18, 4:30pm, Student Center 215
- Thursday, August 25, x-period, Student Center 215
- Tuesday, August 30, 4:00pm, Student Center 214
- Wednesday, September 7, 6:30pm, College of Business 100
- Wednesday, September 14, 4:00pm, Student Center 215
- Monday, September 19, 4:00pm, Student Center 215
- Thursday, September 22, x-period, Student Center 213
(x-period is from 1:40-2:30pm)
After 9/22, please contact the Office of Student Life to set-up a time.
Mandatory Orientation Sessions for NPHC
- NPHC Go Greek Night: January 25, 2017 at 6:00pm in Student Center Ballroom
- Leadership Launch: September 17, 2016
Must register for this event! Registration starts TBD in Office of Student Life, Student Center 207
Currently Recognized UCA Greek Organizations
Since 1915 Greek organizations at UCA have been an integral part of campus life. Currently, 24 organizations (14 fraternities, 10 sororities, including 8 traditionally African American Greek organizations) comprise UCA’s outstanding Greek community.
The Interfraternity (IFC), Panhellenic, National Pan-Hellenic Councils (NPHC), and Independent Greek Council (IGC) serve as the governing bodies of the 24 chapters at UCA. In this system IFC, Panhellenic, NPHC, and IGC students work together as a unified force to promote Greek life, govern chapters, and sponsor Greek events. Here is a listing of the currently recognized Greek organizations at UCA:
Interfraternity Council (IFC)
Alpha Sigma Phi Colony
Beta Upsilon Chi
Pi Kappa Alpha
Phi Gamma Delta (Fiji)
Phi Sigma Kappa
Sigma Phi Epsilon
Sigma Tau Gamma
Independent Greek Council (IGC)
Phi Iota Alpha
Sigma Phi Lambda
Panhellenic Council (NPC Groups)
Alpha Sigma Alpha
Alpha Sigma Tau
Sigma Sigma Sigma
National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc.
Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc.
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.
Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc.
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc.
Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.