Delayed Recruitment at UCA
The University of Central Arkansas Greek community operates under a “delayed recruitment” system. We have recently made the transition from a deferred recruitment to a delayed process for the 2013-2014 academic year. We delay the main recruitment process at least four weeks into the Fall semester for entering freshmen.
The philosophy of the University is that students will acclimate themselves to campus for the first few weeks of school, and then be able to join a Greek Letter Organization. The university has set forth a few minimum eligibility requirements before you can join a fraternity or sorority on campus.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student (12 hours)
- Entering freshmen must have at least a 2.5 high school GPA; current/transfer students must have at least a 2.5 college GPA
- Must complete a Greek Life Orientation Session (see below) hosted by the Office of Student Life BEFORE participating in the recruitment process or being extended an invitation to membership.
If these requirements are met, then an individual may be eligible to receive a bid from a fraternity or sorority. Although groups may set higher standards, these are the minimum University requirements. Please be certain to check with an organization about their specific eligibility requirements.
With the aforementioned delayed recruitment requirements in place, IFC, IGC and Panhellenic Formal Recruitment is held each fall semester. With Formal Recruitment being held each fall semester, Greek organizations typically hand out “open bids” to eligible individuals during the fall and spring semesters. Sororities and fraternities will advertise their intentions to give out open bids through interest meetings advertised on campus.
NPHC intake varies and those interested should attend Go Greek Information Night or check the NPHC web page for more information.
Greek Life Orientation Sessions
Interested in Greek life at UCA? Make sure you attend our Greek Information Session during Welcome Week to learn more about the Greek experience.
Welcome Week Greek Information Session
Wednesday, August 21 from 1-3pm, Ida Waldran Auditorium
Mandatory Orientation Sessions for IFC, IGC, & Panhellenic
In order to participate in recruitment, you must attend at least one (1) session prior to participating in recruitment process or accepting a bid.
- August 22, xperiod, COB Auditorium
- August 28, 4:30-6pm, Doyne Health Science Auditorium
- September 3, 5:30-7pm, SC Ballroom
- September 5, xperiod, COB Auditorium
- September 12, xperiod, SC 215
- September 19, xperiod, COB 100
- September 23, 7-8:30pm, COB Auditorium
- October 7, 4:30-6pm, Doyne Health Science Auditorium
- November 12, 5:30-7pm, SC 215
- January 9, xperiod, SC Ballroom
- January 15, 4:30-6pm, SC 223/224
- January 21, 5:30pm, SC 223/224
- January 30, xperiod, SC 223/224
- February 18, 5:30-7pm, SC 223/224
- March 13, xperiod, COB 100
- March 19, 4:30-6pm, SC 215
(xperiod is from 1:40-2:30pm)
Mandatory Orientation Sessions for NPHC
- NPHC Go Greek Night, September 12, 5pm, SC Ballroom
- Leadership Launch, September 21
Must register for this event! Registration starts September 3 in Office of Student Life, Student Center 207
Currently Recognized UCA Greek Organizations
Since 1915 Greek organizations at UCA have been an integral part of campus life. Currently, 22 organizations (13 fraternities, 9 sororities, including 7 traditionally African American Greek organizations) comprise UCA’s outstanding Greek community.
The Interfraternity (IFC), Panhellenic, National Pan-Hellenic Councils (NPHC), and Independent Greek Council (IGC) serve as the governing bodies of the 22 chapters at UCA. In this system IFC, Panhellenic, NPHC, and IGC students work together as a unified force to promote Greek life, govern chapters, and sponsor Greek events. Here is a listing of the currently recognized Greek organizations at UCA:
Interfraternity Council (IFC)
Pi Kappa Alpha
Phi Lambda Chi
Phi Gamma Delta (Fiji) Colony
Phi Sigma Kappa
Sigma Phi Epsilon
Sigma Tau Gamma
Independent Greek Council (IGC)
Beta Upsilon Chi
Sigma Phi Lambda
Panhellenic Council (NPC Groups)
Alpha Sigma Alpha
Alpha Sigma Tau
Sigma Sigma Sigma
National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc.
Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc.
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.
Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc.
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc.