Welcoming the Inaugural Newsletter

View from the Chair »
By Bryan Winfred Massey, Sr., » Interim Chair/Professor of Art »

It gives me great pleasure and I count it an honor to introduce the inaugural newsletter for the Department of Art. This newsletter was created to keep our current faculty and students as well as alumni, retired faculty, and art department supporters abreast of our departments many achievements and activities.

I am in my first year as the new Chair of the Department of Art and I am very excited about the new possibilities on the horizon for the department. We are in the early planning stages of a new Performance and Visual Art Facility that will house all of our areas under one roof. We have increased the number of students majoring in art as well welcomed new and additional faculty.

So please join me in welcoming this newsletter by reading it, and passing it on to your friends. Many exciting art events have already happened in and around campus and we look forward to many more so keep your eyes and ears open and be sure to take part.

Also, send us updates of what you are doing so that we can share it with the rest of the Department of Art, students, and alumni. I look forward to hearing from you.