The IST Help Desk at UCA exists to respond to your technology issues and requests, as well as schedule necessary service. To submit a request, click the button below.
You can also contact us by phone (see right), or visit us in person at Burdick Hall 101 (see map below).
Before we can assist you, we must verify that you are a student, faculty member, or staff member of UCA. If you call us, be prepared to provide all four of the following:
- your full name
- your UCA ID number (on your BearCard)
- your date of birth
- the last four digits of your social security number
If you visit us in person at Burdick Hall 101, you must show your UCA ID, your government-issued ID, or your driver’s license. If we are unable to verify your eligibility for Help Desk service, we cannot help you.
- For security reasons, we do not reset or supply passwords via email.
- If your UCA password expires, you must come to the Help Desk in person to reset your password. To avoid this, always reset your password before the expiration date. You will receive advance notice when your password is close to expiring.
Our services are limited to university-owned technology. Therefore, we are prohibited from working on personally-owned computers and devices. However, we are more than willing to answer questions and recommend solutions for any problems you may have.
Tips When Contacting Us
- If you are sending email from a non-UCA account, please identify yourself. Are you a student? Do you work here? Do you live in the residence halls? If we cannot tell who sent the message, it will be more difficult to assist you. Anonymous email may not receive a response.
- Please describe your issue with as much detail as possible. Non-specific questions like “Why doesn’t the Internet work?” are impossible to answer. The more details you can provide about your issue, the better prepared we are to serve you and resolve your issue.
- If you are sending information to a particular person at the Help Desk, please specify that person in your message.