The State of Arkansas has a number of programs designed to assist individuals with educational expenses. Below is a list of some of those programs and their contact information.
- Arkansas Academic Challenge Continuing Eligibility Requirement
- Arkansas Governor’s Distinguished Scholarship
- Arkansas Governor’s Scholarship
- Go Grant
Arkansas Vocational Rehabilitation
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program in Arkansas offers assistance for tuition and books to students who are vocationally handicapped. Information may be obtained from the local Vocational Rehabilitation Office (http://ace.arkansas.gov/arRehabServices/programs/fieldServices/Pages/agencyDirectory.aspx)
Governor’s Commission on People with Disabilities
- The Governor’s Commission on People with Disabilities is designed to help ease the financial hardship placed upon individuals with disabilities and their families as they pursue their education. For more information, visit http://ace.arkansas.gov/arRehabServices/programs/specialPrograms/governorCommissionOnPeopleWithDisabilities/Pages/default.aspx.
Trade Adjustment Assistance
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) is a benefit for those workers who lose their jobs or whose hours of work and wages are reduced as a result of foreign competition. For more information, please visit http://dws.arkansas.gov/Programs/TAA/index.htm.
Arkansas High-Tech Scholarship Program
- Arkansas residents who are US Citizens, plan to enroll or are enrolled full time in an approved technical program, demonstrate leadership capabilities, and meet certain academic criteria are eligible to apply. For more information, visit http://ace.arkansas.gov/cte/pages/hightechscholarship.aspx.
Arkansas Department of Workforce Services (DWS)
- DWS provides services and resouces including:
- Possible assistance with tuition, fees, books, childcare, and other education-related assistance through the Workforce Improvement Act.
- The Single Parent Scholarship Fund
- Emergency Food & Shelter
- Energy Assistance
- Clothing for Interviews
- And much, much more!
- For more information, visit http://dws.arkansas.gov/
The State has other programs that may or may not be applicable to you. Please visit the websites above for more information about available programs.