Getting Started

Welcome to UCA! As with any new position, there are a variety of forms and documents to complete. This page is a resource for anyone new to the university who might need assistance with that task. The first thing that should be undertaken is to discuss with your immediate supervisor what systems you will need to access, and at which level.  Information on some of these UCA systems can be found here: 


The amount of Banner access varies depending on job duties (some people need access to student data, and some do not). The level of access an employee needs will dictate the access forms that need to be filled out and the training received.

Access forms


Banner Access Form (for budgets/purchasing/requisitions/financial information) 

Banner Access Form for Academic and Student Data (to be initiated by employee’s supervisor)

Electronic Budget Transfer Access Form

If your position was previously held by someone who has left the university, you can refer to the Extras tab for information about Employees Leaving the University and the forms for Removing Banner Access.

DocuSign Access  It  is required for most forms used by support staff


Access forms will need to be completed before a staff member can schedule a training for Banner and Purchasing.


This is the reporting tool that many UCA offices use to gather departmental statistics on majors, enrollment, class rosters, etc.  Access to this platform is granted through the IT department. Current contact is Terry Brewer (; 450.5366), or the IT Help Desk at 450.3107.


If one or more faculty members in your department are working on grant-funded projects you will most likely help monitor the award and process the hiring and expenditure paperwork. Because grants monies have additional financial compliance regulations it is crucial that you receive grant training. Contact  Research and Sponsored Programs – Kim Ashley-Pauley (

Departmental Credit Cards

If you are responsible for either a Procurement Card (P-Card) or a Sponsored Travel Card  (Travel Card), please refer to the Departmental Credit Cards tab for further information.


New employees should go to the UCA Police Department to acquire a parking permit for the UCA campus.  Parking Permit Payment Information


Complete the Key Form here to get building and office keys.

If you need access to a building or room with a card swipe you will need to email the Lock Shop ( requesting access and make sure to CC your immediate supervisor. 

For any additional questions, please contact the Physical Plant Lock Shop 501.450.5875.

Key Policy

Information Technology

The UCA Information Technology Department can assist with any technology needs or problems.  The IT Help Desk number is 450.3107, or you may also Open a ticket 

Pool Drive

Some, but not all departments, have Pool Drives. If your position requires access to such an account, you can request it here: Pool Drive access


Signing in to myUCA is a great starting point for most office tasks.  

After signing in to, and choosing myUCA, you may use the tabs Essentials, Roles, Collections, and Favorites to design a page suited to your needs. Refer to the About tab for instructions on how to navigate the myUCA site, and personalizing your Favorites page.

Knowledge Base

IT has a searchable Knowledge Base that contain articles that can be accessed throughout the year. You can find information on anything from Instructional Technology to Accounts & Passwords.

Individual email accounts

New employees should use the Network ID / PIN Lookup tool to obtain their account information. The employee must have a UCA ID number already assigned and must have completed and submitted all of their hiring paperwork to Human Resources.

Departmental email accounts

Some departments or divisions have separate email accounts (separate from individual accounts) that handle all requests for information, or frequently asked questions for a department or organization.  Often there is an administrator for those accounts who are tasked with daily or periodic checking of those accounts.  If that is part of your job duties you will need to gain access to those particular accounts. Call the IT Help Desk at 450.3107 to find out how to gain access to those specific accounts.

Annual Trainings

UCA requires all employees (graduate assistants, full-time employees, part-time employees, student workers, faculty, extra-help positions, adjuncts) to complete a set amount of trainings per year.  The trainings can be completed on-line at Vector or on-site (Diversity and Title IX) Registration


The Bear Card is the UCA identification card.  It is used for tracking attendance at UCA events. It also allows employees free admission to various campus activities.  For instructions on how to get a UCA Bear Card, click here: Bear Card

Official UCA photo

UCA Headshots are often used for departmental websites or flyers.  These are available through Creative Services in Buffalo Hall. Faculty/Staff Photos

Communications Toolkit

This resource contains information about proper use of the UCA logo, assistance with web site design, Bear Share Portal information, training opportunities, and other services that University Marketing and Communications offers the campus community for marketing, branding and communication needs. Communications Toolkit

Business Cards and Departmental Letterhead

UCA business cards and department letterhead are ordered through UALR which is a UCA contract.   You will need to complete a purchase order prior to ordering your business cards or letterhead. Instructions

Cub Connect

Recognized Student Organizations place event information onto the Cub Connect platform.  Some staff members have “administrator” privileges on this platform because they edit, maintain, or enter information into specific Cub Connect accounts. Cub Connect can be accessed through your myUCA account.


This is a an email-based platform to advertise items for interdepartmental transfer, community and campus events, and items for sale.

Click to subscribe to or join UCANet

Other helpful tips

UPS and FedEx returns

If you have a return package from either of these two vendors, you can drop it off at the UCA post office, and they will be picked up upon the companies next delivery to UCA.

A to Z Index