The UCA Office of Undergraduate Admissions is always searching for enthusiastic and energetic students who would like an opportunity to make a vital contribution to the growth and success of UCA. Ambassadors assist with campus tours, various visitation days, and other special projects as requested.
As an Ambassador, their role in the UCA recruiting process will not only allow them to serve as a liaison for prospective students visiting our campus, but to represent UCA positively throughout the campus and community. The Ambassador staff represents a cross-section of the UCA student body. Diversity is a key element in the continued success of the Ambassador program. Prime candidates for the Ambassador staff are students who exhibit responsibility, friendliness, and willingness to volunteer their time. There is a LARGE time commitment that comes with this position, which is outlined below.
Requirements and procedures for application:
- 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student for at least two semesters at the time of the interview. Students enrolled in their second semester are eligible to apply.
Ambassador time commitments for an academic year:
- Lead a minimum of 7 tours per semester
- Assist with Bear Facts Days throughout the year
- Attend one meeting per month
- Attend a two-day Ambassador retreat and training
- Assist the Admissions Office with special projects as needed
- Optional: Visit their high school
- Selected applicants will receive a call to arrange an interview. Missed interviews will NOT be rescheduled.