Annual Mixer Connects Students and Faculty

The annual Student & Faculty Mixer yesterday hosted approximately 72 Biz@Bear Residential College students and 24 College of Business (COB) faculty members for an evening of connection.  The event provided students the opportunity to meet faculty members and further explore each of the majors within the College of Business. See the photos!

“I really enjoyed visiting with so many Biz@Bear students. They are smart, engaging, and really personable,” said Tom Courtway, COB Professor of Business Law.

Students asked faculty questions about their respective fields and discussed skills businesses look for in new hires.

Biz@Bear student Emma Daughtery said, “I enjoyed this event because it allowed me to create a bond with my future professors. It also allowed me to learn more about many careers.”

Students networked with faculty, played Bingo and outdoor yard games, and enjoyed Bar-B-Que with all the fixins. The Mixer was also a good opportunity to announce Anna Turgaeva as the winner of a $200 book scholarship for the spring 2022 semester, sponsored by The UCA Bookstore.

The event was led by the Academic Director, Dr. Louisa Moseley, and the Biz@Bear Student Associate, Alyssa Theroux, who designed the event as a social outdoor BBQ ​​that adhered to COVID guidelines.