Teaching a service-learning course can be an incredibly rewarding experience. Service-learning gives faculty members an opportunity to teach students the real-world applications of academic concepts, instill civic responsibility, challenge preconceived notions, and engage students in experiential learning.
Community-engaged teaching and learning also provide faculty with exciting opportunities to conduct community-engaged research projects in and outside of the classroom.
Are you interested in getting involved in the Service-Learning Program?
- Explore the Faculty Resources on the UCA Service-Learning website
- Meet with the Faculty Liaison or Service-Learning Program Coordinator to brainstorm service-learning projects and partners
- Attend a Lunch & Learn workshop on service-learning
- Apply to be a Service-Learning Faculty Fellow
- Serve on the Service-Learning Advisory Committee
- Encourage other faculty in or outside of your department to do service-learning, and consider opportunities for interdisciplinary or multi-semester projects