Masks are required as the campus is at red status.


See Student Accounts’ Payment Deadlines page for tuition payment due dates. All payments are submitted to Student Accounts.
No. If an applicant is chosen to receive the scholarship, funding will only be released when the program payments are paid.
No, the program deposit is non-refundable. Please see the policy on withdraw: Cancellation Policy

If a short term program is canceled by the university due to travel restrictions resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, the $500 education abroad deposit will be refunded. 

Students do not have to register themselves for summer education abroad classes. The department will register you for your summer education abroad courses.
Student may go to Student Accounts to pay installments for summer programs. The Office of Education Abroad does not need the receipt for installment payments. Late payments may incur charges from the Office of Student Accounts.
In most cases, yes, but please talk to your program leader to make sure this is acceptable. Once the program ends, you are no longer a part of the UCA education abroad. Therefore it is up to the individual to book arrangements and extend insurance. The Office of Education Abroad will also need to know if you have plans to stay beyond the program end date. Students can extend their insurance coverage with iNext as well.
Participants of Faculty Led programs receive a letter grade. Language Immersion and semester exchange participants receive CR (Credit) so GPA is not affected.
We have applications for passports in our office. You are welcome to ask us for assistance. You may apply at the post office on Hogan Lane in Conway. Students are encouraged to apply months in advance.
Students can education abroad with programs that are not through UCA however the process of transferring credit and registration must be completed through the Education Abroad Office. Transfer Credit 
If you are at UCA studying on an F-1 visa, then yes, you can! Recently, international students have participated in summer study aboard programs, but can also participate in programs during the semester. International students need to check the visa requirements of the country where they will be studying. Students also must make sure they know how to maintain their F-1 visa status so they can return to UCA to complete their degree programs. As you start to plan for study aboard, one of your first stops should be at International Engagement to learn what you must do to maintain your F-1 visa status.
Program payments are independent of financial aid disbursement schedules. Program participants are responsible for all payments by the posted deadline regardless of the time funds are released.
By paying the $500 deposit, you accept the scholarship. You may apply for the scholarship again if you are unable to education abroad. There is no option for deferment.
The Office of Education Abroad Scholarship may only be applied to programs sponsored by UCA or with UCA partner universities.

UCA students may not use UCA Education Abroad scholarships or other financial aid to travel or study in locations listed on the U.S. Department of State’s Travel Warning website.

Students traveling in areas or countries with active travel warnings or alerts should consult the website at and heed all warnings to avoid visiting travel-warned areas or locations.

Students will receive the $500 deposit back if requested. Students may be offered another program option.
Students may purchase coverage. Please read details below and email the office to enroll. Trip Cancellation from iNext 
There are many student programs available at the U.S. Department of State for those currently pursuing high school, college or post-graduate degrees. For more information, visit:
One way to get involved in studying abroad while still in high school is through the Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Abroad program, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The YES program offers American high school students and recent graduates full scholarships to study for one academic year in countries with significant Muslim populations. For more information about program opportunities, scholarships, and eligibility: 
iNext international insurance includes Political and Natural Disaster Emergency coverage as well as Trip Delay – due to quarantine if a student becomes sick with Covid 19 while abroad. Additional information can be found at this link under Comprehensive Group Coverage: iNext Insurance/ or you may also contact iNext and read over this iNext International Travel Protection