1098T Tax Form

10 things you need to know about the 1098-T form.

  • 1098-T tax forms will be available starting January 31.
  • 1098-T tax forms are available on myUCA (current students) or Self-Service (former students) and can be accessed through the instructions below.
  • Students must make sure their mailing address is correct in the Personal Information section of myUCA or Self-Service.
  • The 1098-T tax form is sent to students who had eligible tuition and fee charges that were not covered by scholarships or grants for a calendar year.  The 1098-T tax form will help the student determine if they qualify for an education tax credit.
  • UCA properly reports eligible “Charges Billed” (not “Payments Received”), so the amount you paid has no bearing on the 1098-T form.
  • Charges that are not considered eligible for tax purposes are Housing, Meal Plan, and Student Health Fee. These charges will not be reflected on an eligible student’s 1098-T.
  • If a student received more scholarships or grants than eligible charges billed for that tax year UCA is not required to mail a 1098-T to the student.
  • Book charges are eligible to claim, but it is the student’s responsibility to keep detailed receipts and claim them when filing taxes.
  • International students that do not have an individual tax identification number (ITIN) will not receive a 1098-T.
  • Please refer to IRS Publication 970 and IRS 1098-T instructions at http://www.irs.gov/ for more information about the1098-T.


Current Students: Directions for Viewing and Printing Your 1098T through myUCA

  • Log into myUCA
  • Click on the Self-Service tab (the 2nd tab)
  • Click on Student & Financial Aid link
  • Click on Student Account
  • Select Tax Year (Submit)
  • Print Tax Notification
  • Log out of myUCA

If you are a current student and are unable to log into myUCA, please contact the IT Helpdesk at 450-3107.

Former Students: Directions for Viewing and Printing Your 1098T through Self-Service

  • Log into Self-Service
  • Click on Enter Secure Area
  • Enter your user ID (Bxxxxxxxx) and PIN
  • Click on Student
  • Click on Student Account
  • Click on Tax Notification
  • Enter a Tax Year and click Submit
  • Print Tax Notification
  • Log out of Self-Service

If you are a former student and are unable to log into self-service, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 450-5200.

UCA cannot provide tax advice regarding 1098-T tax forms.  All questions regarding the use of a 1098-T on your income tax return must be directed to a qualified tax accountant.  The 1098-T is an informational document provided by UCA.