Interim Sophomore Major Advancement Interview (SMAI):
Interviews times for Interim SMAI (for students who did not participate in or complete the SMAI in the fall) will be scheduled for Wednesday, March 19, 2014 and Thursday, March 20, 2014 Sign-up sheet will be posted on the door of the Art Office, McAlister 101 on Friday, February 21, 2014 at 8:00 am.
BFA Applications, BFA Problem Proposals, BFA Internship Proposals:
Applications to be admitted into the BFA Program, as well as Problem and Internship proposals by current BFA students are due Thursday, March 20, 2014, by 4:00pm to the Art Office, McAlister 101.
BFA Internship proposals must be signed by the faculty member sponsoring the internship. Internship proposals lacking signatures will not be considered.
BFA Problem proposals must be signed by the primary and secondary advisor. Problem proposals lacking signatures will not be considered.
Students may submit application for admission to the BFA program within the semester they are attempting the SMAI. Acceptance into the program is contingent upon successful completion of the SMAI and approval of application.
Directed Study proposals are due Thursday, March 20, 2014, by 4:00 pm to the Art Office, McAlister 101.
Notice: Proposals must be signed by your faculty mentor or they will not be considered.
Baum Gallery- BA/BFA Juried Senior Exhibition
Works in all media by graduating seniors in the UCA Department of Art
Exhibition On View: Thursday, April 3 – Thursday, April 24
Opening Receptions: Thursday, April 3, 5-7 pm, and Sunday, April 13, 2-4 pm.
- Participating students should submit their mailing lists for invitations to the Senior Exhibit to the Art Office by Friday, February 14, 2014. Click here for mailing list form
- Artwork is due in gallery on or before Wednesday, March 19, by 5:00 pm. Each artwork must be clearly identified with artist’s name and title of work.
- Final inventory sheet, artist statement, and label info due to Barclay McConnell, Baum Gallery Director, on or before Friday, March 21, by 5:00 pm. Forward in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dates for installation of artwork are Wednesday, March 19-Friday, March 21, 10 am-5 pm (Thursday 10 am-7 pm) and Monday March 31 and Tuesday April 1. (Spring Break falls in the midst of installation). All work must be installed by Tuesday, April 1st by 12 noon to be considered for honors.
- All art work must be retrieved from the gallery by Friday April 25th at 5 pm.
- Works not retrieved promptly will be transported to the Schichtl Studio Building hallway.
23rd Annual Arkansas College Art History Symposium
Call for papers.
Undergraduate and graduate students at colleges and universities in Arkansas are invited to submit proposals for the 24th Annual Arkansas College Art History Symposium on March 14, 2014. Topics in any area of art history are acceptable and should reflect research undertaken in an upper-level art history class during the last year. Presenters do not have to be art history majors. Presentations are normally 20 minutes. Proposals are due by February 10, 2014, and can be submitted electronically to Dr. Dito Morales at UCA: email@example.com
Click here for link the university calendar for campus-wide deadlines