The Master’s of Science program in Counseling Psychology serves the state of Arkansas by preparing graduates to provide comprehensive psychological services, including assessment and intervention, to individuals and groups. The majority of graduates from this program will work as Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC) in community mental health centers, private practice, and state and private agencies. The need for LPCs is met through course-work in the science and practice of psychology and counseling, individual supervision, and guided experiences in university and community settings. These activities are coordinated by the Counseling Psychology Committee, composed of UCA faculty members who are licensed psychologists. The program is guided by a belief in the scientist-practitioner model of education, training, and practice. The faculty members of the department have been educated and trained under this model, and these values are expressed in university and internship experiences.
Student Learner Outcomes
- Graduates of the Counseling Psychology Program will be able to demonstrate knowledge and skill in implementing psychological treatments and administering and interpreting psychological tests.
- Graduates of the Counseling Psychology program will be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge of ethical and professional standards within a counseling setting.
- Graduates of the Counseling Psychology program will have met core requirements to become licensed as Licensed Professional Counselor in Arkansas
- Graduates of the Counseling Psychology program will successfully enter the mental health profession.
- Beginning in January, 2014, this program will be replaced with the Master's program in Mental Health Counseling.
Counseling Psychology Research Newsletter
Practicum Forms for current graduate students
Internship Forms for Counseling Psychology (Master's Degree)
- Internship Contract - MUST be completed and signed by licensed, doctoral-level psychologist/supervisor before you begin internship
- Internship Evaluation by Student - Student completes at end of semester.
- Internship Evaluation by Onsite Supervisor - Completed at mid-term and end of semester and should be delivered to the UCA supervisor before the end of the semester
- Counseling Psychology Internship Log - Keep a running log of your activities and submit at end of semester.
- Use of Human Research Participants
- Use of Animal Research Participants
- Sponsored Programs Website
- APA Grants