Kappa Delta Pi Fall 2016 Awards

Alek Oseguera was chosen as the Intern of the Semester. Trena Jones, his mentor at Greenbrier Middle School, and his UCA Supervisor, Mara Cawein, nominated him for many reasons, not the least of which is his ability to engage his students with such energy and passion that it is contagious. Alek’s mentor stated, “Alek has impressed me in so many aspects of his Internship, but the most outstanding quality that he displayed is his ability to make everyone feel special around him. … Not only do I feel UCA sent me a thoughtful young man but they also sent me one of their best.”

Mara Cawein - KDPinternfall16

Alek Oseguera (right), KDP Intern of the Semester, with KDP Counselor, Mara Cawein

Danielle Creswell of Ellen Smith Elementary School received the Mentor of the Semester Award. Bethany Allen nominated her and shared, “My future students should thank her, because my ability to manage student behavior in the classroom has drastically improved. … A teacher never stops learning or improving their ability to teach children. Mrs. Creswell is committed to improving the future of education.”

KDP Mentor of the Semester, Danielle Creswell, with intern Bethany Allen

The Kappa Delta Pi 2016 Fall Awards were given to recipients at the final internship meeting at the University of Central Arkansas on Friday, December 2, 2016. Kappa Delta Pi is an international honor society for educators. The mission of the Pi Beta Chapter at the University of Central Arkansas is to honor the achievements of educators and promote excellence in education. The awards committee was pleased to select Alek Oseguera, UCA intern, and Danielle Creswell, mentor at Ellen Smith Elementary, for the Fall 2016 awards. For more information about the Pi Beta Chapter of Kappa Delta Pi, contact Ms. Mara Cawein at marac@uca.edu or Dr. Nancy P. Gallavan at ngallavan@uca.edu .