Travel Documents


Students studying in a foreign country must have a valid passport. A passport is required for all students applying for a study abroad program. To apply for a passport, visit the Post Office on 1060 Hogan Lane  in Conway, or view application requirements online utilizing the link provided below.  Acquiring a passport can take from 3 to 6 weeks, so apply today!

First time applicants must bring:

A Certified Birth Certificate

Driver’s License

A Passport Photograph

A Check or Debit Card for Fees

Application for a Passport

Apply for a Passport in Conway

1060 Hogan Lane

CONWAY, AR 72034

(800) ASK-USPS • (800) 275-8777

Passport Information & Assistance

National Passport Information Center 1-877-487-2778

Frequently Asked Questions about passports.



Traveling abroad doesn’t have to be confusing if you know the right things before you go. The Department of State provides information on requirements for Americans traveling abroad.

Each country differs in requirements for obtaining a student visa. Students MUST have a valid passport in order to get the appropriate visa. Students participating in Exchange  will apply directly to the respective consulate to acquire a student visa. For each country, you will find information like the location of the U.S. embassy and any consular offices; whether you need a visa, crime and security information, health and medical conditions, drug penalties, or localized hot spots. This is a good place to start learning about where you are going.