The Master’s of Science program in Community Counseling prepares graduates to provide comprehensive counseling services to groups and individuals. The majority of graduates from this program work as Licensed Professional Counselors in mental health centers, private practice, and community agencies. The program is designed to prepare highly trained professionals who will provide mental health services in the local community and within the state. The program has high academic and practice standards that are consistent with state and national qualifications for licensed professional counselors. The program is geared toward the standards and values of the American Counseling Association (ACA) and the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
Student Learner Outcomes
- Graduates of the program will have knowledge of a variety of counseling theories & therapeutic techniques and be able to demonstrate their appropriate use with various populations.
- Graduates of the program will have gained sufficient knowledge of ethical and professional standards of care to effectively engage in a therapeutic relationship within a counseling setting.
- Graduates of the program will have received adequate training to enable them to become Licensed Professional Counselors in the state of Arkansas.
- Graduates of the program will successfully enter the mental health profession.
Beginning in January, 2014, this program will be replaced with the Master's program in Mental Health Counseling.
- Counseling Psychology Research Newsletter
- List of Practicum and Internship Sites
- Practicum Forms for current graduate students
Internship Forms for Community Counseling (Master's Degree)
- Internship Contract - MUST be completed and signed by licensed, doctoral-level psychologist/supervisor before you begin internship
- Internship Evaluation by Student - Student completes at end of semester.
- Internship Evaluation by Onsite Supervisor - Completed at mid-term and end of semester and should be delivered to the UCA supervisor before the end of the semester
- Community Counseling Internship Log - Keep a running log of your activities and submit at end of semester.
- Use of Human Research Participants
- Use of Animal Research Participants
- Sponsored Programs Website
- STOPS database - contains information on scholarships, fellowships, internships, grants, travel internships and awards for students at all levels including undergraduate and graduate
- APA Grants