Minimum Admission Requirements (Admission to the DNP program is selective and competitive)
- An earned Master's degree in Nursing from a nationally accredited nursing program (CCNE, NLNAC, or ACEN) with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale).
- Current unencumbered RN license from the student's state of residence and/or practice. Verification should be printed from your State Board of Nursing website.
- Transfer of no more than six (6) credit hours towards degree requirements.
- Documentation of the number of supervised clinical hours with a preceptor during your Master's program.
- Applicants for whom English is not the native language are required to score 83 or higher on the iBT TOEFL exam. The exam must have been taken within the last two (2) calendar years. Only iBT TOEFL scores received directly from ETS or the UCA Testing center will be accepted as valid.
- Completed application file (refer to the Application Process tab). Admission to the DNP program is selective and competitive. Candidates are encouraged to begin the application process as soon as possible. It might take six (6) or more weeks to complete the application and for all the credentials to be received and verified through the centralized application service (NursingCAS).