How to Work A Career Fair!!!
- Do dress professionally.
- Do greet the person with a firm handshake and maintain eye contact.
- Do develop good questions to ask before entering the fair. “What is a typical day like?” “Could you describe the ideal candidate?”
- Do have a sense of humor and be personable. Talk conversationally with recruiters.
- Do inquire about obtaining further information.
- Do “Close the Deal.” Take a business card so that you can follow up with a Thank You card.
- Do stand alone and be independent.
- Do have an open mind. Approach lesser companies to discover their potential.
- Do research companies beforehand.
- Don't be afraid of the recruiter. They want to meet qualified candidates.
- Don't pretend that you are interested when you are not.
- Don't overstate your abilities--you might end up with a job that you can not do.
- Don't ask about salary or complain about previous bosses.
- Don't monopolize the recruiter's time.
- Don't just put your resume in a pile. Take time to market yourself.