Tutoring Services Center will be closed for the Labor Day Weekend starting September 3- 5. We will be open regular hours on September 6.
Please note that Tutoring Services will close due to inclement weather when Torreyson Library closes. On inclement weather days, it is always advisable to call Tutoring Services to confirm hours of operation. (501)-852-0720.Located in Torreyson Library
Suite 223 – 2nd Floor
Welcome to the Tutoring Services Center! We provide:
Individual tutoring services for UCA core courses and upper level mathematics
Computer lab and printer
A quiet study area
Praxis Exam Tutorials and tutoring
We are a CRLA Tutor Training Certified Center
Please note that Tutoring Services will close due to inclement weather when Torreyson Library closes. On inclement weather days, it is always advisable to call Tutoring Services to confirm hours of operation. (501)-852-0720.
Fifteen minute tutoring sessions are available through Skype during Fall and Spring Semesters Sunday-Tuesday 6pm – 9pm. You can contact us on Skype by calling ucatutoring. The following rules should be followed:
1. Have your UCA ID number available
2. Check the tutoring schedule to see if a tutor is available to help you (then call)
3. Use a large tablet and marker to show the tutor your work so far
4. Have questions already written down that you want to ask
5. Skype tutoring should only be used when you are stuck on a problemand need limited assistance
6. Adhere to the fifteen minute time limit
7. If you need more in depth tutoring, please go to the Tutoring Center in Torreyson Library, Suite 223
Mission Statement of The Office of Student Success Tutoring Services
The Tutoring Services mission is to provide academic support to all students at UCA in order to improve student persistence and aid students in attaining their academic goals. We support students in successfully completing the UCA Core Curriculum by providing peer tutoring for Core courses and disciplines, and Supplemental Instruction assistance in targeted high-risk courses. Tutoring Services programs also aim to enhance the skills and confidence levels of students, so that they can achieve success throughout their academic, professional and personal pursuits.