Family Support FAQs

Where do students find information about their grades, account balances, financial aid, or housing?

MyUCA is the campus portal through which students can access almost everything they need to know about their student account, financial aid, campus housing, grades, and other information. Go to and login using UCA username and password. Click on the Self-Service tile.

How do students receive information from UCA?

Students must check their UCA cub email account regularly. All official campus notices and communications are sent via the cub email account. This includes notices about grades, progress reports, financial aid, housing, student account payments, as well as email from professors and student organizations. Students are assigned an email account as soon as they are admitted to the University, and should begin checking it immediately.

What does a student use their UCA ID for?

The UCA BearCard is a students official photo identification card. It will be the single most important piece of identification you possess on campus. It identifies you to staff and faculty when you need assistance in a department. It also works as the students meal plan and even a campus debit card (using BearBucks) if setup to do so. In additional it works as an electronic key for many UCA residence halls, classrooms, and computer labs. The BearCard is required for access to the Campus Recreation Center, to check-out books in Torreyson Library, the Student Health Center, and many on-campus events. UCA now provides a digital version of the BearCard. Students may use BearCard Mobile on their mobile phone anywhere you would use your physical BearCard.

How can I reach my student if there is a family emergency?

The UCA Police Department can assist you in locating your student during a family emergency if you cannot make contact yourself. For a police emergency call (24/7): 501-450-3111.

Is there a campus escort service to help students walk safely to a campus destination after dark?

Yes, the UCA Police Department will provide an escort to students that need one. To request an escort, call 501-450-3111. For more information about campus safety, visit the UCA Police Department website.

Where can I get information on financial aid for students?

Parents and students may obtain information concerning financial aid through the students MyUCA account, by calling 501-450-3140, emailing, accessing the Financial Aid website or writing to Office of Student Financial Aid, 201 Donaghey Avenue, Harrin Hall 200, Conway, AR 72035.

I would like to access my student's financial aid records. Is that possible?

Yes, it is possible, but your student will first need to complete a Release of Information/Consent to Disclose Information form each academic year.

Where can I get my questions answered concerning my student's tuition bill?

Questions concerning a tuition bill, refund or payment are referred to the Office of Student Accounts. You may contact them by calling 501-450-5015, emailing, accessing the Student Accounts website, or writing to UCA Student Accounts, 201 Donaghey Ave, Bernard Hall, Suite 110, Conway, AR 72035

When will I receive a tuition bill?

Tuition bills are sent to the students UCA email address. These email bills are sent between a month and two weeks before the first day of classes. However, as soon as a student registers for the next semesters classes, their bill is available in MyUCA.

Who do I contact with questions concerning on-campus housing?

Housing and Residence Life is responsible for all on-campus housing. They may be contacted by calling 501-450-3132, emailing, accessing the Housing and Residence Life website, or writing to Housing and Residence Life, 201 Donaghey Ave, Bernard Hall 201, Conway, AR 72035.

I would like to view my student's grades. How do I do that?

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act protects students rights to their educational records. In order for any other party to view the records, the student must complete a FERPA Authorization to Release Information from Academic Records form.

How do students know when the semester begins and ends?

The UCA Academic Calendar is posted online. It is important that students attend every class session, including the first day and days prior to scheduled breaks.

How do students know when final exams are?

The schedule for final exams is posted online and appears on the students myUCA homepage later in the semester. Students must complete final exams at the scheduled time. Make-up times and early exams are not permitted. Please be sure to schedule holiday and travel plans accordingly.

Our family insurance company (or my employer) is requiring proof that my student is enrolled at UCA. What do I do?

Visit the Registrars website for the Academic Standing/Enrollment Verification form. This form must be filled out by the student and submitted to the Office of the Registrar. This document will take three full working days to process.

Are there immunizations or medical requirements for new students enrolled at UCA?

Yes, in accordance with Arkansas State Law Act 141 of 1987, and revised Arkansas Department of Health Immunization Rules and Regulations revised 2009, all full-time students and those part-time students residing on campus are REQUIRED to provide legal proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR), to the Student Health Clinic. Student Health may be contacted by calling 501-450-3136, emailing, accessing the Student Health website or writing to Student Health, 201 Donaghey Ave, Student Health Bldg 1st Floor, Conway, AR 72035.

What do students do if they get sick?

The UCA Student Health Center is staffed with a physician and four nurse practitioners to help diagnose, treat, and monitor student health needs. Treatment of minor and some chronic illnesses, allergy shots, blood pressure monitoring, womens; health services, and treatment of simple cuts are all provided to students free of charge. Students should schedule appointments online. Students will be charged for "No Show" appointments.

  • Conway Regional Medical Center, located at 2302 College Avenue (across from the UCA campus) provides Emergency Room services and houses physicians offices. Conway Regional also has an after-hours clinic located at 437 Denison Street.
  • Baptist Health Medical Center, located at 1555 Exchange Avenue, provides Emergency Room services, and houses physicians offices.
  • PrimeCare Medical Clinic is a walk-in clinic service at 812 W. Oak Street.

Where can I find information about events at UCA?

How can students find on-campus jobs?

On-campus employment is highly recommended as a way for students to earn income, and as a way to learn more about the campus, make connections with staff and faculty, and gain job skills and experience. UCAs Human Resources webpage posts available student worker positions. Several of UCAs largest employers of student workers include Aramark/Dining and Food Services, Torreyson Library, Housing and Residence Life, Campus Recreation, and the Office of Student Success. Most academic departments and student services offices also hire student workers.