The Young Alumni Award recognizes exceptional achievements in career, public service, and/or volunteer activities that bring honor to the University of Central Arkansas.
- The awarding of the Young Alumni Award should be recognized as a method by which the Alumni Association acknowledges exceptional achievement.
- The policy of awarding no more than one individual or couple per year should be followed.
- No citation of the Young Alumni Award will be conferred in absentia.
- The recipient must be a graduate or former student of the University of Central Arkansas.
- No person shall be recommended for the Young Alumni Award while a candidate for public office.
- The recipient shall be age 40 or younger at the time of July 1 of the year it is to be awarded.
- Nominees must be a current member of the University of Central Arkansas Alumni Association.
- Nominations for the Young Alumni of the Year Award are received by the Office of Alumni Relations and made available to the awards committee. These nominations can be made by alumni, faculty, staff, and friends of the University of Central Arkansas.
- The nomination form should be submitted indicating the nominee’s age, the importance of the achievements of the nominee, and a biographical sketch giving the training, experiences, and activities, etc.
- Award selections are made by a subcommittee of the UCA Alumni Association Board of Directors and all selections are ratified by the Board of Directors at their July board meeting.
- The committee maintains a continuous file on all nominations.