Looking to increase your reading? Join the University of Central Arkansas alumni book club – Bears Online Readers’ Den! In this online community, UCA alumni can connect and enjoy books related to lifelong learning, social issues, literature, psychology, and other user-submitted ideas.
There is no cost to participate – you just have to get a copy of the club’s current book, The Reading List by Sarah Nisha Adams, to enjoy.
You can sign up at www.pbc.guru/uca the reading period for this book is January – March 2023. How it works:
The book club will connect through a private online forum where participants can discuss the current book and network with each other. The group will spend two months on each book, so you’ll have plenty of time to read. You can sign up and learn more online.
Why should you join?
There are three main reasons we hope you’ll be excited to participate in our book club:
- Connect with fellow Bears,
- Being part of a lifelong learning community, and
- Reading is good for you!
The book club will be managed by PBC Guru, a company that coordinates professional book clubs for companies and alumni associations, and will be moderating the group to help make this program a great experience for all participants.
Previous books from the Bears Online Readers’ Den:
- Little Fires Everywhere – by Celeste Ng
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone – by Lori Gottlieb
- Pachinko – by Min Jin Lee
- The Vanishing Half – by Brit Bennett
- Reasons to Stay Alive – by Matt Haig
- Long Bright River – by Liz Moore
- The Leavers – by Lisa Ko
- The Push – by Ashley Audrain
- The Final Revival of Opal & Nev – by Dawnie Walton
- Indistractable – by Nir Eyal
- All the Lonely People – by Mike Gayle
- Honor – by Thrity Umrigar
- The Reading List – by Sarah Nisha Adams