To find your academic scholarships requirements, reinstatement procedures and other information please refer to the documents below. These documents will detail the individual scholarship requirements by year awarded.
Additional UCA Academic Scholarship Information
- Scholarship credit hour criteria is based on UCA undergraduate credit hours.
- Academic scholarships will only apply to charges for in-state tuition and mandatory fees directly assessed by the University. To receive the full benefit of this scholarship, you will need to reside in university housing. Recipients are responsible for making on-campus housing arrangements through UCA’s Housing Office. Academic scholarships apply to housing charges that are directly applied to your account by the University.
- GPA, for the purpose of scholarship renewal, is calculated as “combined,” not cumulative. This includes Fall, Spring, May Intersession/Summer I only. All other summer terms regardless of start and end date are not included. To calculate your combined GPA with the GPA calculator, please visit: http://uca.edu/advising/gpa-calculator/
- To find more information regarding scholarship policies, please visit: http://uca.edu/scholarships/policies/.
Requesting Reinstatement of a Scholarship
Students who were awarded academic scholarships beginning Fall 2013 and prior have the opportunity to reinstate their academic scholarship if the scholarship was lost May 2014 or a prior semester. Once the scholarship is reinstated, the student must meet the current renewal requirements, at the time of reinstatement, for future renewal, if additional award terms are available. Scholarships can only be reinstated one time.
Requirements for Reinstatement:
- Student must not receive an academic scholarship for at least one Fall or Spring semester prior to requesting reinstatement.
- There must be at least one eligible Fall or Spring semester remaining on the scholarship when requesting reinstatement.
- Student must have earned a minimum of 15 UCA undergraduate hours the semester immediately preceding the request for reinstatement. Only Fall and Spring hours count toward the hour requirement.
- Student must have at least a 3.5 cumulative UCA undergraduate GPA. Cumulative GPA is as of the end of a Fall or Spring semester only.
- Student must remain continuously enrolled at UCA each Fall and Spring semester.
- There will be no reinstatement of academic scholarships lost December 2014 and after.
If you would like to request reinstatement of your scholarship, complete the Scholarship Reinstatement Request Form.
Placing a Scholarship on Hold
A UCA academic scholarship may be placed on hold for a semester or more if a student is not enrolling at UCA (or another institution), and has a documented medical condition; has been called to active military service; is participating in an official religious service or duty; or is studying abroad. If you would like to request to place your scholarship on hold, please complete the appropriate form.
Requesting an Exception to Renewal Requirements
Exceptions to the requirements for renewal of a scholarship are granted on a medical basis for severe or life-threatening medical emergencies, on the basis of the student being called to military duty during the semester, or for other reasons as outlined in the Scholarship Exception Policy at http://uca.edu/scholarships/policies/. All requests must be accompanied by appropriate documentation as outlined on the Renewal Exception Form (see below). If you would like to request an exception to the renewal requirements for your scholarship, complete the appropriate form.