Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society Presents Semester Awards to Dynamic Pair at Theodore Jones Elementary

The Pi Beta Chapter of Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society in Education at the University of Central Arkansas, presented the Internship II awards for the fall semester on Friday, December 4, 2015 at the final internship meeting in Mashburn Hall at UCA. Maddi Mosler was awarded the Student Intern of the Semester. This award is presented to the Internship II student that best exemplifies the four domains of effective teaching. Her UCA Supervisor was Terry Haugen and her mentor at Theodore Jones Elementary was Lindsey Jones. Ms. Jones also received an award as the Mentor of the Semester. Their students must have been very blessed with such outstanding educators in the classroom working together.

Mentor Lyndsey Jones, Intern Maddi Mosler, and UCA Supervisor Terry Haugen

The nomination for Lindsey Jones described her as the most incredible mentor; she looks beyond her own needs to serve those around her. Ms. Jones does not desire recognition but simply loves to lend a helping hand and do what is best for the school. Her mentee added, “I truly feel like I have become a teacher this semester and I would not have made it without Ms. Jones.”

Maddi Mosler was nominated because she was a natural in the classroom from the very beginning. Her mentor said, “I cannot say enough about how impressed I have been. When she is gone for professional development, the students are very sad.” Her supervisor observed that she has great knowledge of her individual students. As to the classroom learning environment, Maddi invites students to explain their learning to fellow classmates and students clap and cheer enthusiastically for each other. Her supervisor added, “I would love for my grandson to be in her classroom.”

Maddi Mosler and Lindsey Jones will be asked to return to UCA in the spring for the College of Education’s pinning ceremony on the campus of UCA. They will be recognized again for their outstanding abilities as educators.