The Teaching and Learning Department is proud to offer the Advanced Studies in Teacher Leadership (ASTL) graduate degree!ASTL Face-to-Face Program Requirements
ASTL Graduate Degree Program
The Master’s Degree in Advanced Studies in Teacher Leadership (ASTL) is a 30-credit hour online degree program designed to enhance and expand your existing knowledge, skills, and dispositions while further developing the core competencies expected of advanced educators.The ASTL degree program prepares graduates with opportunities to demonstrate knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary to and beneficial for:
- Responding positively to classroom practices that enhance student learning.
- Critically analyzing classroom practices and appropriately responding to the findings.
- Articulating the rationale for decisions regarding professional practice, classroom instruction, and classroom/school policies and procedures.
- Making informed decisions by reflecting on experiences both past and present to improve teaching practices that enhance student learning.
- Becoming change leaders for the improvement of their schools.
For more information, please contact:
Jeff Whittingham – Program Coordinator
Phone: (501) 450-5445
The University of Central Arkansas
Advanced Studies in Teacher Leadership
201 Donaghey Avenue – Mashburn 104
Conway, Arkansas 72035